long tube headers

This is a discussion on long tube headers within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; how much did you guys spend putting in your long tube headers for everything the pipe the y pipe labor ...

Black
    97 Trans AM

long tube headers

how much did you guys spend putting in your long tube headers for everything the pipe the y pipe labor all of it.

10's N/A

This was the first time i've used the Red Line Performance headers - they were a little different. Took about 5.5 hrs.

red
    95 Z28

Dont you or one of your buddies have access to tools and a place to work on it? It will save you some money, and there are folks out there that will help for some pizza and beer. Regardless, cheaper help than a shop.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I got the pacesetter ceramic coated LT's with ORY for $520 shipped. And I installed them myself in my driveway with jackstands and a friend. Worked on it off and on between work and school here and there, took about a week of downtown. But it guess it took about ~7 hours of total labor.

Got quoted at a shop for $500 for install. Pocketed the cash and gained the experience and knowledge.

10's N/A

Yeah a header job in the very confined space of an LT1 engine bay is intimidating, but if you take a stab at it and follow the procedures right, you can surely do it yourself. Just like spark plugs. Shops will exaggerate the job, when it really isn't all that much too it. With the proper tools and access to underneath the car, it's pretty simple.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    I got the pacesetter ceramic coated LT's with ORY for $520 shipped. And I installed them myself in my driveway with jackstands and a friend. Worked on it off and on between work and school here and there, took about a week of downtown. But it guess it took about ~7 hours of total labor.

Got quoted at a shop for $500 for install. Pocketed the cash and gained the experience and knowledge.
    +2 on that

Thread Information