Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Lets see some LT1's !!

This is a discussion on Lets see some LT1's !! within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 tpis have the same potential for power as the lt1... only real important diferance is they ...

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    tpis have the same potential for power as the lt1... only real important diferance is they use traditional distributor design instead of optispark.

i like tpi they are making a lot of good parts for them too

Uhh...kind of. They're a basic small block chevy, so in the end they can make as much power, but with the stock heads and intake, they'll never catch an LT1. With bolt ons (exhaust, intake, etc), the LT1 will make more power. With boost, the LT1 will make more power per pound of boost. It's just a more efficient motor. The factory TPI heads and intake really suck.

red
    96 ss

good low end but thats about all. runs out of breath up top.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JR92z28 View Post
    Click for full size
    Very nice! I like the red LT1's more than I like the red LS1's!

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Very nice! I like the red LT1's more than I like the red LS1's!
    Thanks! It's nothing special... just bought it... so it's a work in progress!

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Uhh...kind of. They're a basic small block chevy, so in the end they can make as much power, but with the stock heads and intake, they'll never catch an LT1. With bolt ons (exhaust, intake, etc), the LT1 will make more power. With boost, the LT1 will make more power per pound of boost. It's just a more efficient motor. The factory TPI heads and intake really suck.
    why the hell would i be talking about keeping stock heads and intake?
    yea thats what i ment their small block 350s... therfore they can make the same power, but they dont have optispark garbage... so tpi wins

red
    95 Z28

why the hell would i be talking about keeping stock heads and intake?
    yea thats what i ment their small block 350s... therfore they can make the same power, but they dont have optispark garbage... so tpi wins

whatever you say bud...

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

whatever you say bud...

in what way other than stock are lt1s better?

red
    95 Z28

in what way other than stock are lt1s better?
    how many times does it have to be said: better intake and head design. Also, better rotating assembly. You've got to go pretty far in modding to overcome the problems with TPI, and most people wont go there.

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

how many times does it have to be said: better intake and head design. Also, better rotating assembly. You've got to go pretty far in modding to overcome the problems with TPI, and most people wont go there.
    once again that would be stock... the question specified "...other than stock"

the bottom ends arent bad enough to worry about, most of them are worn out from age and need rebuilding anyway . the lt1s arent anything special, no better than the tpis, and rebuilding the bottom end with better parts isnt that hard

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Sorry for the delay in reply -

The front is a little heavier, I used to have a 327 and powerglide.
    No changes where made to transfer the weight though. Trunk is empty.

The engine itself has a mild cam in it, and the intake is changed for cooler flow. That is it.

Best 1/4 at Bandi was 14.002 - I kinda suck at racing, and never really push it, as I am fearful of breakage.

It is a great cruiser and fun to drive.

www.badass67.com

red
    95 Z28

once again that would be stock... the question specified "...other than stock"

the bottom ends arent bad enough to worry about, most of them are worn out from age and need rebuilding anyway . the lt1s arent anything special, no better than the tpis, and rebuilding the bottom end with better parts isnt that hard

You just dont get it... Saying the TPI motor is just as good as an LT1 is like saying the LT1 is just as good as the LS1. Indeed, the LT1 in the end can make as much power as an LSx motor, with huge heads and intake... but we all still know the LS1 is a better designed motor. Same goes for the LT1. It was (and still is) leaps and bounds better than the TPI design. To get a TPI motor to the point where it doesnt suck, takes alot of work. You're missing the point that most people dont ever go there with mods. The LT1 can get there much easier (as far as power numbers), and lose alot less reliability and driveability in the process. Hence, a better design.

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

reverse cooling i believe allows for more timing or boost before detonation

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    Sorry for the delay in reply -

The front is a little heavier, I used to have a 327 and powerglide.
    No changes where made to transfer the weight though. Trunk is empty.

The engine itself has a mild cam in it, and the intake is changed for cooler flow. That is it.

Best 1/4 at Bandi was 14.002 - I kinda suck at racing, and never really push it, as I am fearful of breakage.

It is a great cruiser and fun to drive.

www.badass67.com
    current motor has a cam in it? i'm lost lol

Red
    1995 Chevy Camaro

LS1 > LT1 > TPI. Stock for stock.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by EviLt4 View Post
    LS1 > LT1 > TPI. Stock for stock.

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

You just dont get it... Saying the TPI motor is just as good as an LT1 is like saying the LT1 is just as good as the LS1. Indeed, the LT1 in the end can make as much power as an LSx motor, with huge heads and intake... but we all still know the LS1 is a better designed motor. Same goes for the LT1. It was (and still is) leaps and bounds better than the TPI design. To get a TPI motor to the point where it doesnt suck, takes alot of work. You're missing the point that most people dont ever go there with mods. The LT1 can get there much easier (as far as power numbers), and lose alot less reliability and driveability in the process. Hence, a better design.
    the lt1 was an attempt to build a more advanced engine but they failed in thaqt aspect

the reverse coolant flow does nothing significant and the opti spark ignition is an obvious failure

leave bottom end stock on both an lt1 and tpi (with similar mielage and good condition) change heads and intake on both, and the tpi is better.

you can modify tpis for cheaper than lt1s, and the traditional ignition system is a major benefit... opti spark is garbage and the only way to truly fix that problem is to put a ls1 style coil pac ignition on them

i dont care if you own an lt1 and love it... tpi is a better engine, its just underplayed, way underplayed

its because of people like you that tell everyone that they are trash that too many people are scared to build them

when built properly (even mildly) they are fast as hell and lt1s cant keep up... ive seen it done

red
    95 Z28

the lt1 was an attempt to build a more advanced engine but they failed in thaqt aspect

the reverse coolant flow does nothing significant and the opti spark ignition is an obvious failure

leave bottom end stock on both an lt1 and tpi (with similar mielage and good condition) change heads and intake on both, and the tpi is better.

you can modify tpis for cheaper than lt1s, and the traditional ignition system is a major benefit... opti spark is garbage and the only way to truly fix that problem is to put a ls1 style coil pac ignition on them

i dont care if you own an lt1 and love it... tpi is a better engine, its just underplayed, way underplayed

its because of people like you that tell everyone that they are trash that too many people are scared to build them

when built properly (even mildly) they are fast as hell and lt1s cant keep up... ive seen it done

You are such a moron. I'm done arguing with the know it all Mustang owner. Why dont you find your way back to stangnet before I ban you for trolling. It doesnt help your case much either that you're just flat out wrong and dont know what the fuck you're talking about.

Red
    1995 Chevy Camaro

You are such a moron.

red
    96 ss

um if you change the intake and heads , it's no longer a TPI setup. they stopped using that setup for a reason.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sped View Post
    My 1993 Trans Am ...

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    u like the ls1 honeycomb taillights better?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information