Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 251

Lets see some LT1's !!

This is a discussion on Lets see some LT1's !! within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ATCharming damn dude i was confused as hell lol. how much faster does ur ls1 FEEL like ...

  1. #21
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    damn dude i was confused as hell lol. how much faster does ur ls1 FEEL like than the lt1? and why do u like the lt1 more? jw cuz im considering buying an lt1 fbody soon
    If you want to mod your car alot, get an LS1. If not, you can mod the LT1, but it doesn't respond like the LS1 does.
    The LT1's have so much torque down low, IMO, they are more fun to drive!!
    Plus, the LS1's are gonna cost more cause of the newer tech engine!

    I liked my 97 better because, from the factory, the 96 to 97 SS's were better equipped with the performance package such as the suspension setup! Oh, yeah, it was black as night!

  2. #22
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    If you want to mod your car alot, get an LS1. If not, you can mod the LT1, but it doesn't respond like the LS1 does.
    The LT1's have so much torque down low, IMO, they are more fun to drive!!
    Plus, the LS1's are gonna cost more cause of the newer tech engine!

    I liked my 97 better because, from the factory, the 96 to 97 SS's were better equipped with the performance package such as the suspension setup! Oh, yeah, it was black as night!
    i plan on modding it over time. i make minimum wage and work about 23 hours a week and i gotta pay my own gas and insurance so affording an lt1 or ls1 is gonna be hard enough already. modding it will be impossible for now.

    thanks for the response its really cool to hear good things about the lt1, contrary to all the dissing on them on this site lol

  3. #23
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    I would like to add also, LT1's with LTH's sound better than LS1's and I had 136,000 miles without a problem with the Opti!

  4. #24
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I would like to add also, LT1's with LTH's sound better than LS1's and I had 136,000 miles without a problem with the Opti!
    got any soundclips?

  5. #25
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    got any soundclips?
    She got totaled the day the headers and TD's got put on!

  6. #26
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    wait, so u only have an ls1 now? or was that a differentlt1?

  7. #27
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Yes, I only have an LS1 Camaro. I still have the shell of the 97 along with the block.

  8. #28
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    gotcha

  9. #29
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    ive also noticedbetter throttle response out of older cars... most likely due to not going thru as much new technology bullshit.

    like compare my 92 lumina to my moms cobalt or dads colorado.....
    how is the throttle response difference between the 2 engines?

  10. #30
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    I don;t know about that, but,
    The LT1 does way more impressive BURNOUTS due to the massive amounts of torque way down low!!! Throttle response, Oh, hell yeah!!!!

  11. #31
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28


  12. #32
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    fuckin sexy as hell 5.0

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Martinsville, VA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    365
    1994 25th Anniversary T/A



  14. #34
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Blown25thT/A View Post
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    damn thats nice

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Martinsville, VA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    365
    1994 25th Anniversary T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by white99x View Post
    damn thats nice
    Thank ya

  16. #36
    Junior Member Albert87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fresno CA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    61

    Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

    This is mine 95 Trans Am,does better burn outs than my LS1 Camaro

  17. #37
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I don;t know about that, but,
    The LT1 does way more impressive BURNOUTS due to the massive amounts of torque way down low!!! Throttle response, Oh, hell yeah!!!!
    sorry to chime in here... and not trying to say your wrong.. but this is a question... the ls1 and lt1 both have enough torque to do a decent burnout.. and low end torque helps you get the burnout started.. but wouldnt the key be like.. gearing so the faster your tires are moving the better burnout... when you have that much power i wouldnt think it would make a difference.. but i feel like im wrong also cuz high hp cars do better burnouts... can you explain to me?

  18. #38
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    sorry to chime in here... and not trying to say your wrong.. but this is a question... the ls1 and lt1 both have enough torque to do a decent burnout.. and low end torque helps you get the burnout started.. but wouldnt the key be like.. gearing so the faster your tires are moving the better burnout... when you have that much power i wouldnt think it would make a difference.. but i feel like im wrong also cuz high hp cars do better burnouts... can you explain to me?
    wtf is a "better" burnout?

    plus, you answered your own weird question.....

    lt1 has more low end torque which would result in (i suppose) your "better" burnout.

    personally i think its all bullshit. i could roast the tires off the wheels if i felt like it....but what would that prove?

  19. #39
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    wtf is a "better" burnout?

    plus, you answered your own weird question.....

    lt1 has more low end torque which would result in (i suppose) your "better" burnout.

    personally i think its all bullshit. i could roast the tires off the wheels if i felt like it....but what would that prove?
    but i wasnt the one that said better burnout... and i may have answered my question but thats why i asked, sorry you got a little impatient there in a forum where questions are supposed to be asked

  20. #40
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    lol

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Get out and lets do this again
    By silverz28camaro in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
  2. lets go tigers lets gooooo
    By greatwhiteZ28 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 07:57 AM
  3. Lets Get Together...
    By noxiousz28 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 12:06 PM
  4. Lets get together
    By Sarge in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 12:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •