le2 vs trickflow

This is a discussion on le2 vs trickflow within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; problem i have a budget 3000$ for either package i need 58tb 30lbs injectors and roller rockers timming chain gaskets ...

pewter

le2 vs trickflow

problem i have a budget 3000$ for either package i need 58tb 30lbs injectors and roller rockers timming chain gaskets tune hopping pushrods are good waterpump and hopefully can by a new opti heres the question i live 30min from summit racing in ohio
    le2 heads cam intake package 1875 plus shiping good guy and known package
    trickflow 185 heads and comp 306 cam 1800 i can have tommorow
    plus a local will sell me a ported intake 58mm tb msd ignition fuel reg fuel rails with nitrous kit for 600.
    what do you guys think the diffrence in power would be i have a goal of 11 second and im assuning i need 400rwhp

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

LE2's are going to flow just a tad better. I was going to use those same trickflow heads but the problem I ran into is no tuners have tuned with those heads before. Should not be to different but I could not get a good answer to if the tune would be on the money or if it would need to be retuned. I know trickflow makes a top end kit with those heads and cam for about $2500. It made something like mid to high 300's on thier 350 stock botom end. The problem is the cam. I think it was quite conservitive but I don't realy know. I ended up going LE2's because I could not actually get my hands on the Trickflows because they were out of stock.
    LE's on the other hand have been done alot and he has only a select few custom grind cams he uses with them because they have already been tested and they can make the power you want as long as the pistons are right to keep compression up. Also PCM's for less actually tuned Lloyds car and many other LE1 LE2 & LE3 setups and the say they can do it.
    I also asked Advanced industion to do a set of those heads and they wanted to rework the other trickflows and set up a cam and valve train for them but it was over 4k.
    You shouldn't reuse lifters on a new cam. If it was the same cam thats ok. Push rods are 100 bucks and you will need to messure anyway. If you buy lifters they will change because the only roller that is cheap and will work is an LS7 and it has a .100 lower cup. If the heads are milled down it can make some of it up but you should really measure them to be right.

i have le2... looking at the competition and build to order options out there compared to the flow numbers i got... i can only conclude that got ripped off. buy elsewhere.

pewter

so your unhappy with le2 heads what do you think would be beter for the price i have to make choice by tuesday

the flow numbers were not good at all, especially for the price. compared to say afr out of the box were only a few hundred more and significantly higher flowing.

pewter

1600 for cam and heads that flow 275 is a bad priced compared to who

Thread Information