LE2 plus nitrous

This is a discussion on LE2 plus nitrous within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Do le2 packages work good with juice? Someone tell me if im getting ahead of myself, but a gutted m6 ...

pewter

LE2 plus nitrous

Do le2 packages work good with juice? Someone tell me if im getting ahead of myself, but a gutted m6 and le2 package should be in the 11s, and with a 100 shot should be close to 10s with alot of broken rearends. I have alot of stupid questions, new to f bodys
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 01-13-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: edited to have somewhat readable grammar and spelling

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

With NOS you really need to know how much and how many stages you are going to run then you need a good bottom end with forged internals if you want it to last. Pistons take most of the abuse has far as temp so a good forged piston is needed, rods and crank take the force so having someone set up the bottom end so that everything is right is key because if there is a weakness NOS will find it. Heads and cam will also be affected by how much you want to run. People have run NOS on stock bottom ends but with those heads and the right cam you are going to be at the wrong end of the longevity chart, so the question really becomes how much and how long will it live. Stock crank and rods are good to around 500hp. you are going to be in the neighborhood with LE2 heads and the right cam, as long as you have the supporting mods.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Oh and as far as the rear ends, just plan on replacing the stocker with a strange or moser (or who ever else makes one) ford 9inch set up for an F-body. there is also a 12 bolt but since I think you said in another post it is a 6 speed car, most 6 speed guys like the 9inch. and oh yea plan or replacing alot rear suspention parts so you can get it down the track. Check out the suspention and handling section http://www.ls1.com/forums/f66/
    Last edited by JaycenK; 01-14-2010 at 07:59 AM.

Thread Information