keep it or get a new one???

This is a discussion on keep it or get a new one??? within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i have a 95 z28 auto, nice teal car little goodies on it but the car has 180k lotz of ...

teal
    1995 z28 camaro

keep it or get a new one???

i have a 95 z28 auto, nice teal car little goodies on it but the car has 180k lotz of miles but u cant tell it looks like it has 20k on it and the head gasket just went when i was raceing a honda ek with a turboed b20 swap car ran awsome befor it went it still runs and drives but over heats and oil is milky but with that many miles do i just fix it or get a new motor/car lol????how much could i get for it 180k blown head gasket but close to mint?thanks....and how much around would it cost to get my headgakets done???
    Last edited by deeroldz28; 01-10-2008 at 04:48 PM.

1966 Corvette Coupe

hello and welcome...

Ur in a bit of a delima here... if i were you i would get another car to daily drive for like $5k... Then start rebuilding the motor in yours and redoing anything about the car you dont like...

You have a great base for a car... Just needs a front clip swap, better suspension, and more ponies...

-me

Black
    2000 T/A

man, if you have agood knowledge of cars i would just repair it yourself.

it sounds like this car has been well taken car of, so i'd keep it till it couldn't go anymore

Black
    1997 Camaro Z28

Likely $1200-$1500 for replacing the gaskets at a shop. Do it yourself and save a bit.

I'd keep the car as long as a leakdown test proved you still had a good engine. If the leakdown proves otherwise, either pay for the rebuild, or sell to cut your losses and get a reliable car.

teal
    1995 z28 camaro

hey thanks guys, idk yet i really dont have money to play with being i have a 7-month old boy at home and im 20 yrs old so its a little hard how much u's think ill get for it the way it sits???

red
    95 Z28

180K ,needing a head gasket? Probably not much, especially if the motor is going to need more than head gaskets (machine work, new hard parts, etc). It would undoubtedly be worth alot more if the motor was running, but wether it is worth your time and money, I'm not sure. I would think no more than 2-3K$, tops (as is)

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

as is... i would say 1500... lotta miles... regardless of condition of body... you gotta think of rear end and tranny too...... at least thats what i would give for it..

if you like it.. keep it... youd be losing money by getting rid of it and getting another car..

To me, if you can invest 1500 in a car and have it run great, and it already looks great then I would do it. But ultimately, it depends on how bad you want the car and if you can sell it as is. Do you have any pictures of it?

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by deeroldz28 View Post
    hey thanks guys, idk yet i really dont have money to play with being i have a 7-month old boy at home and im 20 yrs old so its a little hard how much u's think ill get for it the way it sits???

hey man I feel for you.

my daughter will be 4 months old tomorrow, and i'm only 20 also and trying to work my way through school.

if i hadn't paid off my first car when i was in hs and got some credit, and my parents didn't help me as much as they do idk what I would do.

as long as you have something else to get around in, I'd just let it sit and fix it up piece by piece.

sounds like a nice car though

Thread Information