Thread: injectors

red
    1994 Trans Am GT Convt.

injectors

i have a stock 94 LT1 and wanted to know if it would be a waste of money to get the accel 30# injectors or would i be better off just going with a minor upgrade and getting the 24#. i am planning on putting on headers here shortly as my right manifold is ticking. ive heard a lot of good things about the pacesetter LTs, but was wandering what i am going to need from headers on back....my cat is still on the car but it has been punched out. emission control is not a problem here so what would you guys recommend with both the injectors and my exhaust situation. Can i get the headers on without any major obstacles? i realize i am going to have to be a contortionist, at least that was the case with the plugs and wires. any help is appreciated.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Bigger injectors would be a waste for you, unless you're running more cubes, FI, or HUGE H/C setup. Stick with the stock 24lb. injectors. You'd need a tune anyways if you got bigger injectors.

As far as exhaust, I got pacesetter LT's. Great headers, especially for the price. With the LT's, you'll need to get a new y-pipe. And O2 extensions if you don't want to splice the factory wires. Oh, and get new OE metal exhaust gaskets, don't use the paper ones that come with the headers.

red
    1994 Trans Am GT Convt.

thank you for such a quick response. i will definitely stick with the 24# injectors then (any brand better or just stick with GM's), and i didn't even think about the damn o2 sensors....would it be a good idea to get the computer tuned after this or just another waste with no more mods then what i will be doing.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Tune is not neccessary, but you will see more gains with a tune after header install. If you plan on getting a cam later or gears, or anything that would require a tune, then just wait. No need to pay for the same thing twice.

Thread Information