Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I need 6 mph!!! FAST AND CHEAP!

This is a discussion on I need 6 mph!!! FAST AND CHEAP! within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok, guess i shouldnt worry... i did a throttle body coolant bypass today out of boredom and that seems to ...

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

ok, guess i shouldnt worry... i did a throttle body coolant bypass today out of boredom and that seems to be working out well so far...no leaks to speak of so i guess i did it right... im a lil curious to see if it makes a diffrence though i doubt it will...eh, ill let you guys know the outcome

White
    '10 ZR1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    ok, guess i shouldnt worry... i did a throttle body coolant bypass today out of boredom and that seems to be working out well so far...no leaks to speak of so i guess i did it right... im a lil curious to see if it makes a diffrence though i doubt it will...eh, ill let you guys know the outcome
    Please do! Good luck!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

If you dont mind spending around 80 dollars, go get something I think is called a turbonator or sumthing like that. Its a little propeller you put into the intake. It forces more air into the engine and gives it more power, they really do help my friend with the s2000 got it and it helped out a lot. I would get one in my car but it wouldnt find mine but i think it could work for the LT1

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s99ta View Post
    buy an ls1 car
    why would anyone want to do that? j/k

well u could do some free mods like tb bypass and descreen ur maf...and the biggest FACTOR is make sure that u dont screw up on the driving factor...DONT SPIN....is ur z auto? and if it is do u know what kind of gears u have in it?

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    If you dont mind spending around 80 dollars, go get something I think is called a turbonator or sumthing like that. Its a little propeller you put into the intake. It forces more air into the engine and gives it more power, they really do help my friend with the s2000 got it and it helped out a lot. I would get one in my car but it wouldnt find mine but i think it could work for the LT1
    Ahh...those things are junk. They are a huge e-bay ripoff. The only propeller I'd put in the way of my intake would be a turbo.

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

take out some weight. get rid of the spare and jack. also unbolt the passenger seat, maybe even the rear. also only have a 1/4 tank of gas.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Turbonator...........................equals restriction in the intake tract and lose power.

ahh how could i forgot...like big ron said...weight reduction will help as well..and the turbonator is a pos

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Well guys i didnt quite get the 100 but i got damn close... i ran a 14.401 at 98mph and then my next pass i ran a 14.202 at 96mph so im not upset at all, i set my E.T. goal and i got damn close to my trap goal... good day of running

red
    96 ss

hey with you being so young , i wont kill you for this statement. try to think about the turbonators function. how can it increase air flow? think about it setting there swirling the air flow (in english that means slowing it down). then they claim it will mix the air/fuel mixture better for a better burn? ok how can it do this counting the injectors are aiming at the intake valve and the air has taken a completely different shape now, due to the intake runner and intake. everything they claim is crap, they are trying to sell this thing due to gas prices being so high. the group of people buying them have no automotive back ground and think it will actually help them. i feel for these people. if possiable don't take my comments the wrong way , just trying to save you some money. as far as the trap speed you got congrats, cut some weight out of her and your get a little more mph (atleast removing weight is free)

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Alrite thx

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

s2000....my lawn mower has more torque

Quote Originally Posted by s99ta View Post
    banned for what?
    Good question.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody09 View Post
    Good question.

Why? Because like your post here, it was of little contribution to the LT1 section, and was only going to start shit.

Red
    1995 Trans Am

if your having traction problems, try dropping tire pressure to about 18psi and launch a lil higher

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

I hope you are kidding!

You should get some pictures of the 'turbonator' installed on your buddy's S2000 we would all like to see that.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 94z28l View Post
    s2000....my lawn mower has more torque

Try racing one, I would love to see you race my friend's S2000, he is one of the fastest cars here, he smoked a GTO with the LS2 motor. What do you think your LT1 can do?

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Try racing one, I would love to see you race my friend's S2000, he is one of the fastest cars here, he smoked a GTO with the LS2 motor. What do you think your LT1 can do?

Dude your gonna get a major bashing saying an s2000 is one of the fastest cars here on ls1.com, thats a pretty big claim as there are some pretty fast members cars on here. What does the s2000 in question run in the quarter? Plus that turbonator is a major crock. If your friend invests in gimmick stuff like than his car couldn't be too fast! Good runs to the author of the post it's always nice to project a goal for the track and come close. Peace guys

red
    96 ss

here we go again, i'm gonna help you out a little and save you some face. you can never assume how fast a car is by it having a certain type of motor. thats where the old phrase "candy apple with a rotten core" or "wolf in sheeps clothing" comes in. i never judge a car untill i hear it run or see under the hood (in daylight) then you are still only guessing. so when you respond back to his comment to the hack on the s2000 just phrase it like this "What do you think your CAR can do?" its safer for you and you wont feel blood running down your shirt when it over.

to the author of the post, did anything yet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information