Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

how much horsepower

This is a discussion on how much horsepower within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I can vouch for the stockers making 270+ rear wheel horse power,,,,mine was one of them! Thought it may have ...

I can vouch for the stockers making 270+ rear wheel horse power,,,,mine was one of them! Thought it may have been a freak but there were at least 3 others that came pretty damn close that day. Like it or lump it,,,,it is what it is. Keep in mind this is when they were new cars, now with thousands of miles on them and many years later you would be hard pressed to find a true stocker, but if you did, the numbers it shows would be slightly weaker for obvious reasons. Have to keep that in mind. Not blowing smoke here.
    Stock LS1's are slightly better, between 290 and 310 rwhp depending on the car from what I have seen on the chassis dynos.
    It's pretty common. Larry.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    for one....tune or no tune???........for two.....stock m6 lt's put down generally mid 250's rwhp....autos bout ten less....if u r stick then you'll prob be round 270-280rwhp....with a tune def be round 280-290rwhp

They were stock, to me a tune means it's been tinkered with and therefore is no longer stock. This was back when these cars were new, barely 5,000 miles on them if that, barely had a couple oil changes let alone a tune.
    Mine is a 6 speed, as were the others that came close.
    Nowadays, if you found a truly stock LT1 I would suspect the numbers to be weaker due to mileage, lack of maintainance and other obvious reasons.
    Larry.

red
    95 Z28

FWIW, I have essentially the same mods as him (I have midlength headers AND a cat, and custom tune) and I'm at 309rwhp.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    They were stock, to me a tune means it's been tinkered with and therefore is no longer stock. This was back when these cars were new, barely 5,000 miles on them if that, barely had a couple oil changes let alone a tune.
    Mine is a 6 speed, as were the others that came close.
    Nowadays, if you found a truly stock LT1 I would suspect the numbers to be weaker due to mileage, lack of maintainance and other obvious reasons.
    Larry.
    yeah i been wanting to get dynoed for awhile....i got 54k on the clock....

blk
    ?

SORRY FOR THE RANDOM ??? BUT,,,what if the lt1 had the lt4 package, lt's, and a hefty cam...along with bolt ons and tune...then what would the rwhp be??? im good with estimating the ls1 but im new to the lt1.....oh and with an auto matic with a good stall.....thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information