Hunter Green
    95 Z28 Camaro

"Hot Topic" Turbo or Supercharger

Hey yall. I am looking at getting a supercharger for my car. I was also looking for turbo's, which i was not expecting to find. I found one at http://www.ststurbo.com/lt1_camaro_ . I cant believe how awsome that turbo sounds. What do you think i am better off getting. Importaint items to me are

Price
    Eas of install
    Reliability

Performace is not as importaint considering my car is fast as hell as it is.

Could you link me to some sites that have superchargers for sale, for a decent price of course, i found some for 5000, which is too much.

Not a fan of STS, I've heard alot of dissapointing info as far as thier LT1's have gone, the other way around for LS1's though... *shrug*

Hands down I think the ATI procharger model P1SC, seems to be the most popular too. There are 2 other major supercharger companies out there but generally they dont compare well in terms of rwhp and longevity.

unless you are running 4-8psi though you are not going to last long with a stock bottom and rear end. most people say get all forged internals and upgrade the rear to a 12 bolt system, also depends if you drag or highway. forget about it if you use slicks.

definatly put out for an intercooler or run alchy injection if you wish to keep in the safe zone otherwise.

oh and invest in some good suspension parts to get the power to the ground, and its all about good tires.

heres a good site that has average prices (and beat competitors) and have all the major systems, included sts turbo available) http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/lt1catalog.html

ps youll be far happier with a pair of ported heads and a matched cam and professional tune... its will be far worth it.

psps youll also need new fuel injectors, new plugs, wires, ignition system/coil would help, and possibly fuel pump
    Last edited by grandkodiak; 04-24-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Hunter Green
    95 Z28 Camaro

Procharger power

Man-o-man. That procharger looks like the real deal. I am definitely going to opt that direction. The price is good as well. I actually got smoked by a cobra mustang with a supercharger yesterday. I need the POWER. Thanks for the info sir...!

No prob!

Ocassionally you can find the kits on ebay for substantially less, some people put them on and dont like it or switch out systems...

Thread Information