95 fire bird for

help chosing heds

ane help on chosing the way to go on heds. i was going to do loide le2 heds but a opertunity cam by to get a set of trick flow heds new and asembled these are them.i will be doing a 383 later just want to get some thing i can upgrade and will work now.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

heres the link of the guy that is selling them

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516454

i am doing the 305 or 306 cam, do you think these will be ok? He said they had some bowl work and a competition valve job. i noticed they are for a stroker nitres super charger. i am making the 95 lt1 a street car, are these heads good the way they are or should i get other stuff done on them? you seem to have had the best answers before and I really need an experts opinion.

red
    96 ss

they are a good head but unless you are going to use forced induction they will hurt your performance. due to the big combustion chamber dropping your compression so much. if you do get them send them to lloyd or AI (i prefere AI) and have them decked and ported and get a cam to match the heads. shelf grinds work fine but a custom grind will help get the most out of the heads and your cars setup.

95 fire bird for

do you think the le2 woud be beter then having them ported and decked .for a street car will be doing a 383 in about a year or so

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisdn View Post
    they are a good head but unless you are going to use forced induction they will hurt your performance. due to the big combustion chamber dropping your compression so much. if you do get them send them to lloyd or AI (i prefere AI) and have them decked and ported and get a cam to match the heads. shelf grinds work fine but a custom grind will help get the most out of the heads and your cars setup.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by pat35 View Post
    do you think the le2 woud be beter then having them ported and decked .for a street car will be doing a 383 in about a year or so
    you will get more out of the trick flow after they are ported and decked. your factory heads can feed a 383 if they are reworked. i don't follow LE's setups cause i run AI's stuff. i would go as big as i could, not saying that cfm is the only thing that matters in a head. i am more of a velocity and swirl man myself. i know of people running the stock heads on a 396 solid roller but hes not getting what he could if the heads were sent off or new castings bought and reworked. its all up to you and what you are going to do with the car. if its going to be a all out effort go with the trick flow and send them to AI. if its going to be a street car and see the track once in a blue moon, use your factory heads and save the extra cash for the bottom end. it just comes down to what you want out of the car.

95 fire bird for

you bin a grate help.

Thread Information