Thread: Heads are done!

Heads are done!

Just got an email stating that my heads where done, and are on there way with my cam!

I got the level 2 heads but level 1 cam since I have a higher miliage stock bottom end car... just want to be on the safe side for now...

But he test flowed it and gave me the numbers and cam specs (dont ask, he said not to post them so i wont say) but I made up a dyno2k prediction with my current setup, whatcha think?

red
    95 Z28

Well, there arent really any big secrets IMO about choosing a cam at those power levels, but basically it should be matched to your heads and where they flow well. I'm not really seeing any head flow numbers there, other than the 600cfm number for induction flow. I'm not familiar with this program, but are you implying that it is a 600cfm motor, head flow of 300 cfm per cylinder head? If thats the case, you've got the only stock LT1 castings to ever flow 300cfm In fact, most ported AFR heads dont flow that much, until you get into the 215cc raised runner heads, or the 227s, etc.

Regardless, even with a smaller cam, with good tuning 360-375rwhp shouldnt be a problem.

oo I just loaded the stock file for a 1996 LT1 that it came with... I left the CFM thing as it was as I didn't know what it was at any rate. I know they are 205cc... but I still have no idea how one would calculate induction flow, it wasn;t listed in the details of the flow numbers.

anywho, i just cant wait for them to get here so i can get them on!! i ended up just getting pcmforless tune, as I have been unable to find a dyno around here... but once i do i'd love to see what it can put down!

red
    95 Z28

You'll probably have to send it back a couple times with some data logs so they can make changes for optimization. I'm not saying they dont know how to tune, but there's only so much you can do without the car being right there on a dyno

I believe the Induction flow is what your TB flows. If I remember right one of the settings is 1000 cfm and there is no way one of our heads is flowing 1000cfm. It is possible to get 300 cfm out of oem heads...well at least the LT4's you can. But 300 out of an LT1 casting would be an accomplishment. Those look a little high for an LE1.5 set up. Usually, you can see 410-430 with his full LE3 setup. You are more than likely going to see around 350-375rwhp. Just remember you have to have all of the complimentary parts to go with it as well. Plenty of fuel is the big one. Also making sure your valve lash is set right to get the most out of it

cold air, 58mm tb, ported intake manifold, jethot headers and wide open exhuast, 37# injectors and ngk plugs and new superconductor wires, 11.2:1 gaskets, shortened rods and 1.6rr's... what else should i get to support em?

Just lookin over some other options in the program, what should I set the manifold type to? these are the options, it defualted to sequential fire injection.

single plane inj
    duel plane inj
    tunnel ram inj
    individual runner inj
    tuned port inj
    sequential fire inj

Thread Information