Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

headers ??

This is a discussion on headers ?? within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Badbird i would be humbled if you could show me documentation of that statement... there is no ...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
    i would be humbled if you could show me documentation of that statement... there is no way that there is a 10+ hp difference between the 2. i will give you the credit you deserve if you can prove me wrong. but it sounds like to me that you are speaking from uranis.
    i believe your talking out of your ass..do you have any numbers saying other words...do a lil search..shorties are pointless..they are pretty much stock headers...LTs are way better then shorties leaps and bounds.

Green
    1997 ws-6

i have done the research. but you seem really smart so i will just believe what you say over the documentation that i have read.

98' trans am

i have done the research. but you seem really smart so i will just believe what you say over the documentation that i have read.
    oh please show me links that say that shorties are worth a shit please please please..becuase to be honest the LT headers are 20-30+ with a tune..but i'll give you the shorties might be worth 10 max..but w/e i hope you got shorties on..

98' trans am

oh man this is sooo fun. i bet you have shorties dont ya?

red
    95 Z28

did you use them before? or are you basing that statement on research that you have done? im not looking for an argument just want to seperate fact from opinion

I never bought BBKs (not that stupid )... I'm going off of people that did buy them's stories and pictures of installs and fitment issues. It's about as universally known as flowdisaster mufflers not flowing that well. As for shorties... They do offer good gains over stock manifolds. Stock manifolds are horribly restrictive pieces, and any tube design header will offer gains. Long tubes are going to offer the bigger gains the higher the power levels. I have AS&M mids, which offer gains equal to longtubes, all the way up to power levels at 700rwhp.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I've heard many members vouch for a 30hp+ gain with longtube headers and dyno tunes. But no one has reported on shorties. So, just find someone who has shorties and a tune and see what gains they got.

Green
    1997 ws-6

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I never bought BBKs (not that stupid )... I'm going off of people that did buy them's stories and pictures of installs and fitment issues. It's about as universally known as flowdisaster mufflers not flowing that well. As for shorties... They do offer good gains over stock manifolds. Stock manifolds are horribly restrictive pieces, and any tube design header will offer gains. Long tubes are going to offer the bigger gains the higher the power levels. I have AS&M mids, which offer gains equal to longtubes, all the way up to power levels at 700rwhp.
    yeah i have mids also. i havent gotten a dyno tune yet so i dont know how much they were worth but i know that with the headers ORY and Borla i went from running 8.90 in the 1/8th to 8.6. definately a good gain. the guy that does the ls1 tuning around here hasnt got the lt1 software yet but he says he going to. and i agree with the low quality of flowmaster as well.

Only bad with longtubes is if you have emissions you'll have to relocate a cat if you keep one. Mid lengths seem to perform well, seen lots of people have mids and go to lt's and not see much gain, but that could depend on the combo also. I'd go lt's unless emissions are strict, if no emissions to worry about, then no question lts.

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    Only bad with longtubes is if you have emissions you'll have to relocate a cat if you keep one. Mid lengths seem to perform well, seen lots of people have mids and go to lt's and not see much gain, but that could depend on the combo also. I'd go lt's unless emissions are strict, if no emissions to worry about, then no question lts.
    i wouldnt worry about the location of the cat much, i know in my state your not supposed to move the cats at all, but ive never had a problem or even some one mention it to me and im suppossed to have two cats but im running a 1 cat set up, this one guy let me know my borla is now illegal in the state but not a word about the cat

Green
    1997 ws-6

what state is Borla illegal in?

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

And why would Borla be illegal?

Green
    1997 ws-6

only thing i can think of is the ability to bypass the exhaust past the muffler. i am interested to find out.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    And why would Borla be illegal?

Most cities/states/municipalities have noise ordinances and laws. Depending on the state, they will say something to the affect that anything louder than factory original exhaust is illegal. Most aftermarket suspension parts are also illegal in many places. You just dont know about these laws or hear about them often because they arent routinely enforced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information