Thread: grandkodiak

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

grandkodiak

hey grandkodiak where did you get your hood.

private messages work better

eBay from a seller called US Exotics. He is in PA, does a bunch of custom hoods.

http://myworld.ebay.com/u.s.exotics/

red
    2002 SS

ya sorry the private message wouldve worked better but i sometimes have retard moments so you will have to forgive me anyways thanks alot my front end got wrecked and instead of paying the money for the stock ram air i got a regular 97 hood (big mistake) now everyone ask if my car is a real ws6 cause i dont have the hood. damn i ramble anyways thanks for the info

No prob... you can get an aftermarket ram air intake assembly, i forget the name of the company, but it works fine. (i'm thinking its by the company that makes the predator hood?) some out there only work with thier designated aftermarket hoods only, but US Exotics ram air hoods are designed to work with stock ram air, so anything stock compad will work. right now i have jsut a cold air kit, which is just as good as ram air AND i get the added benefit of having two huge heat extractors basically... my coolant temp went down a good 15 degrees on average at highway speeds since i got the hood. a tree fell on my car and busted the hood, windshield and roof, and the insurane company just sent a letter detailing the work coverage, so i asked if hed mind using an aftermarket hood by him, and insurance paid for the prep, paint and mount!! but i love it, i think it looks WAY better then the stock lt1 ram air hood, and much better then the predator and that other one thats out there... and its hand laid fiberglass so it fit perfect and its smooth as silk.

red
    2002 SS

sweet thanks alot

Thread Information