Golen crates?

This is a discussion on Golen crates? within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hey guys ive got the car pretty much paid off and its about time for some major overhaul work. looking ...

97 LT1 TA

Golen crates?

hey guys ive got the car pretty much paid off and its about time for some major overhaul work. looking at buyin a long block from Golen (saw them in GM performance magazine i believe). The prices seem decent and the stroker block really catches my eye, but a few sources have told me he does great work but IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of him and sometimes has led to legal troubles. Anybody here have any experience? thx guys

1997 Camaro Z-28

Ive looked at them but they arn't doing anything special on the bottom end. all thier power comes from reworking the heads. I have thought of buying a short block from them but at the same time you can take your block and have it built with 3.78 forged crank h beam rods and what ever piston you want for you aplication for the same price or even less. Then just buy the right head and cam for your needs.

Alton, Illinois, United States

2002 camaro

i looked at his page and actually contacted him. he was very helpfull in ordering the right parts for me. i was actually looking at something that would have harmed my motor and he turned me around and headed me in the right direction. he like to talk and deal with me on the phone. i orded a set of pistons from him and was very pleased with his service. and i call him still for help and info that i need on my buld. I would've bought a crate engine from him if i would have got my present one so cheap.

Thread Information