On going problem

This is a discussion on On going problem within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Problem: After I crank the car and it warms up it starts idling rough fluids out and dies. I unpluged ...

On going problem

Problem: After I crank the car and it warms up it starts idling rough fluids out and dies. I unpluged my O2 sensors and it runs fine. So I bought new ones along with the extensions needed and still the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what it might could be? I have almost changed out every sensor on the car, I even contacted Brian form pcmforless but I still can't figure it out. It's been about a year now rebuilding this thing and I am ready to drive it so please someone help me.

Mark00T/A
    You need some kind of data logger(ie Autotap) to read what's reaaly going on in the engine management. One thing to ask is, is it flooded (ie you can smell the raw gas) or is it dying due to lack of fuel? Hook a fuel pressure guage up and see if you too much or too little pressure. Also, you could have a damaged o2 wiring harness. When you remove the o2's usually the ecm will go into a limp mode (safe tuning parameters) and will act like it runs fine. Like I said ,you need to look at the ecm with something like ATAP. It can help alot with troubleshooting different problems.
    More info on the car and what has been done would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark00T/A
    You need some kind of data logger(ie Autotap) to read what's reaaly going on in the engine management. One thing to ask is, is it flooded (ie you can smell the raw gas) or is it dying due to lack of fuel? Hook a fuel pressure guage up and see if you too much or too little pressure. Also, you could have a damaged o2 wiring harness. When you remove the o2's usually the ecm will go into a limp mode (safe tuning parameters) and will act like it runs fine. Like I said ,you need to look at the ecm with something like ATAP. It can help alot with troubleshooting different problems.
    More info on the car and what has been done would help.
    I have checked for pressure and it was good and I even bought a new FPG for it anyway. Your right it might be starving for fuel thats why it might be dying. So if I unhook my O2's it wont hurt it to drive it. I know I need to get it on a computer but I have to drive it to get it there I live in a small town that doesn't have much of anything.

Here are my mods: 355 Block, Pistons, Crank, LT4 Hotcam, Comp Magnum 1.6 Rockers, Comp Lifters, Hardened Pushrods, Moroso CAI, Ported MAF, Ported TB, LT4 Knock Module, PCMforless Tunning, Long Tube Headers, 2500 Stall, 9 Plate 3-4 Clutch Pack, Kevlar Band, Transgo Shift Kit

Thread Information