Thread: fastest LT1?

Green
    1996 FireBird

fastest LT1?

what is the fastest your LT1 has been? 1/4 mile I mean. I just traded my 9 second Malibu for a 96 firebird with a supercharger. Im just curious how fast I might be able to get it. My goal is low 11's, let me know how fast you have gone, and your set up. so I can figure out what I need to do. Thanks

red
    95 Z28

Big Rick went low 8s@170+ IIRC in his turbo LT1 car.

Green
    1996 FireBird

I was looking for some street driven cars! Im also on a budget. my goal is low 11's so I want to know who else is going low 11's with their LT1? and a description of the engine combo. thanks

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bmoney
    I was looking for some street driven cars!
    The title of your thread is "fastest LT1"...

As for your car... well, if you've owned a nine second car then you know that being fast does not typically go well with being a budget.

Cheapest way to low 11s in my opinion, as far as the motor goes, is a budget bottom end build up with good rods and pistons, ported heads and matched cam, and a 100 or so shot on top of that. Should easily be enough power for low 11s if not quicker, with the right drivetrain behind it. And plenty of people are going low 11s and high 10s, all motor, nothing too exotic.

Green
    1996 FireBird

that sounds good, I know I cant have a small budget and go fast. I have another set of heads to port. I have a set of eagle rods. the car also has a vortech supercharger. I need to get a crank and pistons for the blower. also a new cam for the supercharger. so I guess I have a good start. any more info would be great. thanks

red
    95 Z28

that sounds good, I know I cant have a small budget and go fast. I have another set of heads to port. I have a set of eagle rods. the car also has a vortech supercharger. I need to get a crank and pistons for the blower. also a new cam for the supercharger. so I guess I have a good start. any more info would be great. thanks

Sounds like you're on the right track power-wise... You'll just need a drivetrain that can put the power down without breaking.

Green
    1996 FireBird

I have a buddy that owes me a tranny, th350 or th400. whechever one I want. and I plan on getting a 9" for it.

LS1 is the only one...

Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Many guys are stroking LT1's out to 383, 0r 396 c.i., slapping a good top end on it, and getting into the high 11's with good suspension.

I just traded my 9 second Malibu for a 96 firebird with a supercharger. My goal is low 11's.
    That's an easy goal, especially if you're already running a S/C. Same principles as you're old Malibu (eg; heads, cam, gearing, stall speed)... only this time, lower compression, and turn up the boost. Low elevens sounds more like an understatement, as I've known guys running those times with naturally aspirated L98's (albeit heavily worked).

Stock with a blower that car should run somewhere in the 12's. I would try a high stall with a shift kit and 3:73 gears. Get the TA girdle for the pumpkin. Looks cool and makes it stronger too! See where that gets you then look into suspension. A drag launch spring kit would help a lot too! I bet you would be suprised how for all that got you before going internal on the motor.

Black
    1997 LT1 Z28

LE2 Package on my old LT1 that i sold went a best of 11.55 on the stock bottom end through a A4
    Last edited by DaLastLT1; 01-07-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Green
    1996 FireBird

thats cool, I was thinking of the LE3 package, with a custom grind cam for a super charger, that should get me to my goal. I hope

Thread Information