Black
    '94 Z28

Estimated HP?????

I have a 94 Z-28 only mods that i know of are a K&N CAI, Centerforce Clutch, Shorty Headers, NO cat, Flowmaster 80 Series, 160-180??? Thermostat. I was wandering about how much HP the car is making. Also about what kinda times i could look for at the track.

black
    1993 Vette

I would say between 330-345hp the new clutch will improve track times, as far as a time guess I have no idea

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I'd say around 300-310 at the crank. Shorties aren't worth a can of beans. The intake and muffler are the only things that will help free up horsepower. The shorties will help, but not worth mentioning. 330-345 is being way optimistic. The 94 LT1's were rated at 275hp (yeah yeah, I know GM 'underrated' some engines, and they made some 'factory freaks' and whatever, just trying to be realistic here) and you have a few bolt-ons, like I said, I would estimate around 300-310hp at the flywheel.

black
    1993 Vette

the only reason I gave credit to 330 is the removal of the extreamly restrictive f body air intake that alone should have got from 275 to the corvettes 300 but you are right most of the modificatons are just a good start or not worth the time like the 160 thermo shorty headers only flow a little better than manifolds
    and without other mods removal of the CAT may hurt power

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    I'd say around 300-310 at the crank. Shorties aren't worth a can of beans. The intake and muffler are the only things that will help free up horsepower. The shorties will help, but not worth mentioning. .

The headers will gain far more power than the intake or catback. The factory manifolds are by far the most restrictive part of the factory exhaust. Shorties arent all that bad, but enough long tube owners have convinced themselves that they suck so much that it has become the acceptible opinion. They are more worth mentioning than the intake or catback. I make 309rwhp through mid lengths, only bolt ons (no electric water pump, no throttle body, no roller rockers, and through a cat).

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

I don't know what I have in horsepower but I ran a 13.41 @ 106 on street tires. I ran a 2.20 60 ft, yes I know I was spinning the whole time.
    Rebuilt stock motor by SRP, SRP tuning, K&N cold air, Ported tb w/ air foil w coolant by pass, Hooker LT's w/ 3" exhaust w cut-out. Flowmaster exhaust, Spec 3 clutch w/ steel flywheel, undrive pulley, 160 thermostat, & show throw shifter

Purple
    1996 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post

The headers will gain far more power than the intake or catback. The factory manifolds are by far the most restrictive part of the factory exhaust. Shorties arent all that bad, but enough long tube owners have convinced themselves that they suck so much that it has become the acceptible opinion. They are more worth mentioning than the intake or catback. I make 309rwhp through mid lengths, only bolt ons (no electric water pump, no throttle body, no roller rockers, and through a cat).
    looks like no new mods since i have been gone

Thread Information