r98vortect/a

engine problem need help

i have a 95 lt1 6 spd my problem is when i take off in first gear and get to about half throttle the car jerks real bad like its not getting spark or gas or something. its ony at half throttle in all gears. ive changed the plugs, fuel filter, and fuel pump. problem is still there. when the car jerks like it does it looks as if i cant drive stick, but i can. any ideas? my fuel pressure is good btw.

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

i have an auto but was having very similar problems, but was also having the problem at highway speeds. i needed a complete full tune up, fuel filter, plugs, wires, and apparently what was causing the biggest problem which is probably your was the cap, rotor, and water pump. check to see if you hav any stains on the bottom of your water pump it could have leaked and got on your opti. i would say get a new cap, rotor and water pump. you can go electric if you want, but its going to cost you more in the long run i didnt think it was worth it and stuck with the gm water pump. ordered all of it off summit. i suggest the MSD cap and rotor kit also, im happy with it.

red
    95 Z28

Double check all of your plug wires, and make sure they arent arcing anywhere (i.e bad wires)

r98vortect/a
    might be a dumb question but where is the cap and rotor located on the engine? front or back? right behind the water pump?

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

front of the engine. your not going to be able to see it from the top, you will need to jack your car up some and get under it. then its located right under the waterpump bout 1inch back though. just look to where all of your wires are running to and you'll see it. you might not recognize it at first if its the original one, trust me they get real dirty. its a pain in the ass to change it out yourself, but if you have the tools and patience id say go for it, i just got someone else to do mine, but then again labor was free for me hehe i love knowing all the right people.

Thread Information