Duralast

This is a discussion on Duralast within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Ok this may sound funny, but has anyone ever used Duralast spark plug wires? I am calling around and this ...

New TL /sold my 9th Fbody Chad97SS's Avatar

Duralast

Ok this may sound funny, but has anyone ever used Duralast spark plug wires? I am calling around and this is all I can find within walking distance of my house..(orielly and autozone) and napa is closed on sunday.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Chad97SS View Post
    Ok this may sound funny, but has anyone ever used Duralast spark plug wires? I am calling around and this is all I can find within walking distance of my house..(orielly and autozone) and napa is closed on sunday.
    I used them years ago on my old '94 Z28. There was nothing wrong with them, there just ordinary 7mm plug wires. If I remember correctly they were around $30.

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

built to last.."duralast"

sweet thanx guys

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

Lifetime warranty! Yesss! Ha ha, their ok for standard use. I used to sell that stuff a few years back as a Parts Sales Manager there.

BTW, I didn't realize (or forgot) how hard it was to change plug wires. OH MY GOSH.

I only changed the coil waire and the front 3 cylinders on the drivers side. haha!!

Well, it was Sunday and I didn't wanna work that hard on Sunday. So, anyways.. I think I'll just wait and finish the rest when I get my headers.

rapter34
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad97SS View Post
    BTW, I didn't realize (or forgot) how hard it was to change plug wires. OH MY GOSH.

I only changed the coil waire and the front 3 cylinders on the drivers side. haha!!

Well, it was Sunday and I didn't wanna work that hard on Sunday. So, anyways.. I think I'll just wait and finish the rest when I get my headers.
    yeah they are a bitch on most cars the plugs are easiest thing to do. also make sure you know where your wires go on that opti spark.

ya I did one wire at a time. And tried not to disturb the "harness" so I kept everything in its proper place. And btw, I wouldn't want to go any bigger in a wire, because anything bigger won't fit into the snap that holds the wires. That's what I am calling the "harness".

rapter34
    with wires you are really looking for the least amount of resistance, Ohms.I don't know If any one has tested LT1 wires but MSD's seem to be the choice for good performance and good price.

Thread Information