Dropping an LT1 into a 98 V6 Firebird

This is a discussion on Dropping an LT1 into a 98 V6 Firebird within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So, I've got a guy to drop an LT1 into by v6 firebird after blowing the engine, and some questions ...

Dropping an LT1 into a 98 V6 Firebird

So, I've got a guy to drop an LT1 into by v6 firebird after blowing the engine, and some questions have come up, that maybe somebody out there knows the answer:

Can we use the V6's stock radiator?

What is the best way to marry the Lt1's wiringing to the the V6's body? (getting a 1998 v8 wiring harness?)

Any other problems that you might see coming up?

red
    96 ss

yeah you might want to check with your local dmv. my state won't allow a car to change engine classes on certain year models (mid 80's or early, if i remember correctly) so i wasen't allowed to put a v8 in my s-10 when i was 16 . i had to use a 4.3 out of a 89 blazer. now when i stayed in that class but moved up in the year models. i had to meet the emissions requirements of the 89 even though i had a 82. so check with your local dmv since your obdII inspection will not pull the same vin out of the computer that is supposed to match the car itself.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JoeI View Post
    So, I've got a guy to drop an LT1 into by v6 firebird after blowing the engine, and some questions have come up, that maybe somebody out there knows the answer:

What is the best way to marry the Lt1's wiringing to the the V6's body? (getting a 1998 v8 wiring harness?)

Uhh, a 98 V8 harness won't work, because the 98 V8's were the LS1, not the LT1. You'll need a harness and PCM from a 93, if the LT1 came from a 93, or a 94-97 harness if it came from a 94-97 car.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JoeI View Post

V6 radiator wont work. I'm not 100%, but I think you'll need an LT1 K member, and for sure you need LT1 motor mounts. As far as the harness goes, you'll need one from the year LT1 you have, as there were minor changes through the years to the engines and their respective sensors/ wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    V6 radiator wont work. I'm not 100%, but I think you'll need an LT1 K member, and for sure you need LT1 motor mounts. As far as the harness goes, you'll need one from the year LT1 you have, as there were minor changes through the years to the engines and their respective sensors/ wiring.
    lt1350.com is going to make the mods to the LT1's harness to plug into the V6 (just got a confirm from them), got the motor mounts, (front-end done, springs, stuts, etc), COmputer has been reprogrammed to handle the engine and v6 eletrical....so far so good.

Thread Information