demodding my LT1

This is a discussion on demodding my LT1 within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I have decided to de-mod my LT1. I am having some issues with the tune. I have talked to my ...

Russellville, MO

demodding my LT1

I have decided to de-mod my LT1. I am having some issues with the tune. I have talked to my tuner a couple of times about it and he has assured me that he will get it retuned, but now he won't return any calls. I figure that I will send the pcm back to pcmsforless to have them put the stock tune in it since they were the original tuners. I don't know if I am going to do it all at once or just a little at a time. I have to change the timing chain anyway so now is as good a time as any to do it. Does anyone know if I can get away with running the stock cam with ported heads? Should I just go ahead and change them back to stock too? How about running the 30lb injectors with a stock cam? I still have the original injectors, but they have been in a box for 2 years, so I don't know if they will be any good.

95 Z28

Yes you can run the stock cam with ported heads. However, if you're going to run a stock cam and a stock tune, I'd recommend running stock injectors. Running 30 pound injectors in that situation will lead to a lot of driveability issues. I honestly dont see the ported heads being too big of a deal, as long as the cam and injectors and tune are stock.

Thread Information