Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

a couple performance questions

This is a discussion on a couple performance questions within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; so I was looking into it and the best set would be the edelbrock lt4 heads with a professional porting ...

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

so I was looking into it and the best set would be the edelbrock lt4 heads with a professional porting at the place that does the le1 package up to a 227cc port with a custom ground cam from comp cams, because this cost 3800 dollars all together I think im gonna go with something cheaper and streetable. lol. I am waiting til I have the money (because I just ordered some headers, y-pipe, and throttle body to build up for finishing it with heads and cam after this semester) am i'm going with the le1 package or the le2 depending on how much I can save. Its is the most cost efficient way of producing 400hp in my ride.

Wow a 227 cc intake runner for a 350 ci motor is reaching the rather large side. You would have to zing the motor pretty high to take advantage of that. Would work nice on a stroker combination though.

I just saw a pair of Dart heads for LT1, looked pretty good, with relocated spark plug holes, and intake runner of 180 cc's that flow 257 cfm right out of the box. They don't sound too bad.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Wow a 227 cc intake runner for a 350 ci motor is reaching the rather large side. You would have to zing the motor pretty high to take advantage of that. Would work nice on a stroker combination though.

I just saw a pair of Dart heads for LT1, looked pretty good, with relocated spark plug holes, and intake runner of 180 cc's that flow 257 cfm right out of the box. They don't sound too bad.
    yeah it is pretty big, but that's why i say it's not streetable. it's a huge port for a 350 yeah, but it's a drag setup. not streeet. I am wanting a 400hp street setup. what I'm wanting isn't that hard to achieve with a properly set up lt1

I saw those and they were pretty nice, but I could get the budget le1 kit and then get a custom ground cam instead of the le1 cam and outflow it (255 is with their cam and it flows at higher lift than that, only slightly higher though, their cam is a badass choice for anyone wanting to do big head ports) so the dart heads are just little too expensive.

Don't know the price on Dart LT1 heads but generally Edelbrock will have the most affordable aftermarket aluminum heads. From there the prices start to go up,,,,,but generally the airflow and potential HP also go up.
    It's all a matter of how much power you want to make. It's hard to make good reliable HP and not spend money.

Although 400 HP from an LT1 is an easy goal and just about any decent head will give you that.

I currently have Dart heads on a (gen 1) 406 that I built about 4 years ago. I'm pretty happy with them, they perform well. I also use AFR on another car, and stock reworked heads on a few others. We used Edelbrocks on my fathers car just recently, first time I've messed with them. They made good power and the car has already dipped into the mid 11's at 3900 lbs. and it's not dialed in yet. With CNC porting though they topped the $2,000 mark. So they weren't cheap by most people standards.
    Going fast isn't cheap by any means.

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

If its any consellation, I am currently doing a full le2 setup in my friends 95. I know he did a ton of research before choosing that setup and he is going to be driving it the same you are. It wont be done for a month or so, but when it is, I can let you know how it turns out.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98formy View Post
    If its any consellation, I am currently doing a full le2 setup in my friends 95. I know he did a ton of research before choosing that setup and he is going to be driving it the same you are. It wont be done for a month or so, but when it is, I can let you know how it turns out.
    that would be great. I was looking into the le2 also, but I at first turned it down for the money, but then I was thinking about it and I realized that I would just have to save a little more money for it total. so I might go with the le2 also. tell me how it turns out. I did turn down all ideas of the le3 though because of the cam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information