White w/blue pearl
    1995 Camaro ZR28

Car won't start easily

I have a 95 camaro LT1, It had some fuel problems so I began the long process of elimination. I have replaced so far, The fule pump, filter, optispark, coil, and tps. I have also pulled the ninjectors and regulator and cleaned them. I re-O ringed the injectors and put them back in. Car still has the same hard start issue it had before. I get in, turn the key and wait for the pump to pressurize the system, between 2 and 4 seconds. Then I turn the key to start the car and the motor just turns over and over, after about 3 or 4 minutes, sometimes longer, it reluctantly cranks up. I am at witts end, other than burning it to the ground I am not sure what to do. Anybody else had this problem, and what was the fix. Thanks for the help in advance.

red
    95 Z28

Have you put a fuel pressure gauge on it? You may have replaced those items but do you know what the new ones are doing? If the car eventually starts and runs ok, it does sound like a fuel issue.

White w/blue pearl
    1995 Camaro ZR28

won't start

I am gettting a fuel pressure gauge this evening, man I hope the regulator is the problem. Thanks.

White w/blue pearl
    1995 Camaro ZR28

No start

Ok, I got the fuel pressure gauge, checked the pressure. It was withing specs, but bled down somewhat quick. I replaced the regulator and relay. I also replaced the fuel pump and filter again. I accidentally touched the coil wire while it was running, not a good thing by the way. The only thing I have not replaced is the ignition control module. I also checked resistance on all injectors (13.9), and checked to make sure they were not bleeding down. I did trake it out for a test run, It runs like a mother!@#$%$. blows the tires off all the way through 3rd gear from a roll. What the crap is wrong with this thing? At this point If I can't fix it cheap, under 100$, or free. I am gonna trade it in on a truck...

White w/blue pearl
    1995 Camaro ZR28

Angry Won't start

Ok, after replacing everything but the plugs wires, ICM, and the ECM. I still have the same problem. I will say this, the car will still run out to at least 135 ish. I know this because as I was going that fast, the hood ripped off and hit the top of the windshield as well as the t-tops breaking all of the above. So not only do I have to fix the starting issue, but now i need a hood and t-tops.
    "Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are just targets, Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah,but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." - Hericletus, circa 500 BC.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 95ZR28 View Post
    Ok, after replacing everything but the plugs wires, ICM, and the ECM. I still have the same problem. I will say this, the car will still run out to at least 135 ish. I know this because as I was going that fast, the hood ripped off and hit the top of the windshield as well as the t-tops breaking all of the above. So not only do I have to fix the starting issue, but now i need a hood and t-tops.
    How in the fubar did that happen?

White w/blue pearl
    1995 Camaro ZR28

Car won't start

The previous owner removed the secondary hood latch. After driving my Durango for a few weeks, I pulled what I thought was the brake and drove away. I got up to speed and BOOM here we are. Kinda felt like this:

White w/blue pearl
    1995 Camaro ZR28

Car won't start easily

Ok, The car still own't start that easy. When it does, it will run till you turn it off, so no issue with fuel feed or spark when it is running. If the car gets to normal opperating temp, and you turn it off, 99% of the time, it will start back up with no issue what so ever, (basicaly just a bump of the key and it's running). But it still takes long enough to run the battery down almost every time to start it when it is cold and it doesn't even try to start. Temp outside ranges from 55 to 85 degrees, so I am not thinking that its a factor. Any suggestions? Thanks.

White w/blue pearl
    1995 Camaro ZR28

Car won't start easily

Ok, Update. I took the car to the Chevrolet Dealer service center this morning. They put it on thier computer at a cost of 120.00. After about 2 hrs the guy comes in and says that the Coil is bad. I purchased a coil on the way to the house and installed it when I got here. I am waiting for the car to cool off completely so that I can test his diagnosing abilities. Hope he was right.

Thread Information