Black
    1996 Trans am

bbk shortys or edelbrock shortys?

Ok ok I know lt's are better and yall can go on and on about them but in reality I don't have that kind of money to spend. Here's what a guy has that he wants to sell very cheap, should I go with bbk ceramic coated shortys or edelbrock stainless shortys? He is cuttin me a deal as well cause I need some other stuff from him so let me know... But also they headers are 4 a 95 LT1, so would they fit, I know they are 2 bolt flange so they won't hook straight to my ypipe so he was goin to throw in his ypipe with them with no cats!! Would it work on my car or throw codes?

Black
    2000 Trans Am

An LT1 is an LT1. I think headers are interchangeable between years. If you dont have cats I think it will throw a code unless you get simulators or a tune.

I had shorties on my LS1 and they were about wothless, just about as good as the manifolds were. When I went to longtubes it made a world of a differnce. LT1s are a bit older and the stock manifolds I imagine arent quite as good as the LS1s. Still I would look around for some cheap (used) longtubes and cat back if money is tight.

Going with the ceramic headers will save your wires and keep your under hood temps down. But the stainless will outlast the life of your car.

Black
    1996 Trans am

ok i changed my mind and i for sure wanna go with mid tubes , does bbk make a mid length for my 96? also i already have a borla cat back exhaust with magna flow high flow cat ypipe....do u have to get a different ypipe to fit mid lengths? and does anyone have some for sale?

Thread Information