Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BBK header question

This is a discussion on BBK header question within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Having no cats can make a big difference. Headers also make it louder. It really is personal opinion when it ...

red
    95 Z28

Having no cats can make a big difference. Headers also make it louder. It really is personal opinion when it comes to sound.... and mine is that having no cats makes the car more raspy, louder, and smells bad at every stop light.

Black
    1996 Trans am

Well u know I can't spend to much, with 2 kids and being married is hard enough, so I got my wife talked into it cause its a good deal so I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it!!! I think it will sound good its just everyone is saying that shortys suck and this and that, so I'm kinda. Given it some thought u know

Black
    1996 Trans am

I have never put headers on beforeon and lt1 so whatdo I need to do and what do I need to get? Gasket wise? Tools? Alternator took off? What's to torque they need to be at? Stuff like that

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

You should go to the BBK website and see if you can download install instructions, should be on there. When I installed my longtube Pacesetters 2 and a half years ago it certainly was a pain in the @$$! Had to remove the motor mount bolts and jack up the engine a few inches just to get them in so that might be a good idea for you to do if your installing them from above. If you can use a lift it will save you time, blood and effort.

Black
    1996 Trans am

Ok change of plans yall, I'm puttin yhe headers off I came across a. Better deal, I tried gettin ahold of the guy with the headers but he never answered and he lived one hour away so I met another guy and I bought a hood that's for my 96 trans am and its a fiberglass 3 1/2 inch cowl hood and fits perfect and looks BAD A$$!! Only for 150 bucks too, and I also got a upper strut tower bar for 40 from him. The hood is silver and its already on to make sure it fits so I'm gettin it painted this week sometimes... Its really good looking!!!

Black
    1996 Trans am

Ok I got some BETTER news as well, ok I got my trans am and my wifr has a mercury mountaineer, well I took her last night and bought her a 2008 ford focus 38 mpg, and with the SYNC stereo, pretty nice car and she told me to since she got a new car I can drive her mountaineer and park my trans am and start building on it like I have been wanting to do... So yeh I'm a happy mofo now. Wooo. Hoooo!!!

Black
    1996 Trans am

Ok I got some BETTER news as well, ok I got my trans am and my wife has a mercury mountaineer SUV, well I took her last night and bought her a 2008 ford focus 38 mpg, and with the SYNC stereo, pretty nice car and she told me that since she got a new car I can drive her mountaineer and park my trans am and start building on it and making it faster like I have been wanting to do and use it as a weekend cruiser... So yeh I'm a happy mofo now. Wooo. Hoooo!!! The only one time I can say thank u ford lol ha ha

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

Congratulations and welcome to project car status!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information