All Cam Info For Lt1

This is a discussion on All Cam Info For Lt1 within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok some of you might know i was goin the rear end route months back, then i decided to do ...

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Talking All Cam Info For Lt1

ok some of you might know i was goin the rear end route months back, then i decided to do the nitrous thing....but honestly, with all the stuff i wanna do with the n20 its gonna run round 1300 bucks, which isnt bad but ill spend more on the cam cause i believe its worth it....also i was thinkin that when im messin with cars on the street, i have to turn the bottle heater on, and arm it and bla bla bla....i just want to have consistent power all the time...... SOOO heres the question.....I was looking into camming my z... i want a more agressive cam, with high end....like the cc306 cam...i need to know info on the agressive cam including lsa specs, cost of all the parts i need (springs, lifters, etc), i need to know if im gonna lose low end power, i need to know how hard it is to install yourself, and then how much a shop would charge....and i also need to know a estimate of what my rwhp would be with a cc306 cam or larger with my mods now, they are
    -K&N CAI
    -BBK TWIN 52MM TB
    -PACESETTER LONG TUBE HEADERS
    -PACESETTER 3" ORY W (NO CAT)
    -NGK TR6 IRIDIUM GAPPED PLUGS
    -TAYLOR 8MM WIRES
    -BORLA CATBACK EXHAUST
    -TRICKFLOW ELBOW
    -4.10 REAR END
    -THUNDER RACING GIRDLE
    -STAGE 2 SPEC CLUTCH
    -160* THERMOSTAT
    -MADZ28.COM TUNE
    -PR0 5.0 SHIFTER
    -MANUAL FAN SWITCH
    -FREE MODS(tb bypass, de-screened maf)
    thanks guys and lay it on me

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Uhh...you could go a number of ways with this...
    With a bigger cam, you will lose low-end grunt for top-end power. That's just the way it works. If you want cam specs on that cam, then look it up. I don't know the specs specifically. But if you are staying NA, I would suggest not going below a 112LSA for vacuum reasons. You'll definately need a stronger valvetrain, hardened pushrods, springs, maybe a higher ratio rocker...etc. You can install the cam yourself with the motor in the car, but its a lot of work and not the most room in the world. For a cam and valvetrain swap, a shop can charge anywhere from $600-$2000 depending on where you are would be my guess.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28
    With a bigger cam, you will lose low-end grunt for top-end power....
    Can't really say that unless the full specs, of the cam in question, are being embellished. Too many variables, and symmetry is always the key....

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28
    If you want cam specs on that cam, then look it up. I don't know the specs specifically.
    CC-306 = 230/244 .510"/.540". Don't recall the lobe seperation angle at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's grounded with a 112-LSA...

Thread Information