Alcohol injection?

Anyone have any info on alcohol injection and ltx's?

red
    95 Z28

Not for normally aspirated engines...

Many boosted LT1 guys have it and it works very well. Can be used in conjunction with an intercooler, or in place of one.

How long does it last? Can you go a whole tank without refilling, or is it only for stress runs?

Reason I ask is that I do plan to go with a blower eventually, but dont plan to properly rebuild for it until I have the money, IE long time I noticed that alcohol kits are pretty cheap, and i think it would be a good idea to run with 8lbs boost on stock parts just as a buffer against possible detonation and wear/tear with the increased heat. I dont want to bother with 4-6psi, and anthing over 10 doesnt really last very long on stock internals. so i figured maybe 8 with alchy would be a pretty safe deal.

But since I've never done the research, i didnt know weather its even an option... what kind of alcohol is used? alcohols are usually pretty caustic on oils and metals, would it do longterm damage with constant use? or is it even constant, or temporary like a shot of nitrous at high rev points? etc...

thanks!

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak
    How long does it last? Can you go a whole tank without refilling, or is it only for stress runs?

Reason I ask is that I do plan to go with a blower eventually, but dont plan to properly rebuild for it until I have the money, IE long time I noticed that alcohol kits are pretty cheap, and i think it would be a good idea to run with 8lbs boost on stock parts just as a buffer against possible detonation and wear/tear with the increased heat. I dont want to bother with 4-6psi, and anthing over 10 doesnt really last very long on stock internals. so i figured maybe 8 with alchy would be a pretty safe deal.

But since I've never done the research, i didnt know weather its even an option... what kind of alcohol is used? alcohols are usually pretty caustic on oils and metals, would it do longterm damage with constant use? or is it even constant, or temporary like a shot of nitrous at high rev points? etc...

thanks!
    If you cant afford to rebuild your motor for a long time, then you cant afford to put a blower on your car. No way around that one...

12 Pounds

Silver
    95 Z

i would have to agree my first lt1 lasted a good 9k miles with the blower on it and it was a intercolled one on that. build the bottom end before you get to deep in the wallet it will pay in the long haul

can anyone answer my questoin and just pretend its built?

Thread Information