327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

95 trans am running like crap :(

i need to figure out whats wrong before i got tearing farther into car.

For some reason the car is showing lean condition sometimes on passenger side of motor, while drivers side is running tad rich.

another issue, if accelerating at 90& throttle, the car will accelerate up to redline no problem....just like stock. Now, when when 100% throttle is applied the car coughs and stutters like its missing horribly

for a while the passenger manifold glows red hot after driving hard.....thing is it only glows from number 6 cylinder back

also, im using datamaster for watch the info on car and nothings jumping out as serious wrong......

weird thing is it will lose PCM signal time to time and also the computer isnt seeing a water temp(reads -40 degress all the time) the e-fans wont come one by themselfs anymore so i had to manually wire them to come on.

i have checked all the grounds and they are good conditon. So do i have a bad computer or bad fuel pump/injectors?

CLIFF NOTES:
    90%throttle acceleration = runs a bad to the bone
    100% throttle acceleration = runs like a blown up honda civic
    Last edited by Toyota h8r; 10-14-2008 at 09:53 AM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    i need to figure out whats wrong before i got tearing farther into car.

For some reason the car is showing lean condition sometimes on passenger side of motor, while drivers side is running tad rich.

another issue, if accelerating at 90& throttle, the car will accelerate up to redline no problem....just like stock. Now, when when 100% throttle is applied the car coughs and stutters like its missing horribly

for a while the passenger manifold glows red hot after driving hard.....thing is it only glows from number 6 cylinder back

also, im using datamaster for watch the info on car and nothings jumping out as serious wrong......

weird thing is it will lose PCM signal time to time and also the computer isnt seeing a water temp(reads -40 degress all the time) the e-fans wont come one by themselfs anymore so i had to manually wire them to come on.

i have checked all the grounds and they are good conditon. So do i have a bad computer or bad fuel pump/injectors?

CLIFF NOTES:
    90%throttle acceleration = runs a bad to the bone
    100% throttle acceleration = runs like a blown up honda civic
    I have an LS1...but I did have similar trouble with the codes...mine would go back and forth rich or lean codes....exhaust got real hot...100% throttle SUCKED....ended up being bad cats....don't know if that's your case or not, just giving my experience....

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

First you need to find why pcm is losing signal, could be bad pcm. If it is bad could be the reason for all the problems. How are the battery connections? Are you getting proper voltage?

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Bat cat. I had a 95 that did the same thing. Just put a test pipe in it. Only OBDI so no codes when you test pipe it.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

welp...there is no cat..

i have ran never battery cables and grounds...as i thought maybe connections where bad

i think the fuel pump maybe going out...but i cant find out out to hook up a gauge to tell me at WOT going down road like a carb'd car

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    welp...there is no cat..

i have ran never battery cables and grounds...as i thought maybe connections where bad

i think the fuel pump maybe going out...but i cant find out out to hook up a gauge to tell me at WOT going down road like a carb'd car
    oooo, yeah. I didn't think about fuel pump....I had very similar issues as well when mine went out... Do you hear a horrible whine coming from the rear of your car?

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    oooo, yeah. I didn't think about fuel pump....I had very similar issues as well when mine went out... Do you hear a horrible whine coming from the rear of your car?
    nope...its actaully quiet......and thats whats got me thinkin maybe fuel pump is going out.

but i took it out last night and the manifold wasnt glowing this time, but still at 90% throttle ran like it did brand new. You try the same pull getting on the highway at full throttle and it accelerates, but it acts like its sputtering and coughing(think shaking)

the 90% pass = faster to 120mph than 100%

weird thing is o2 senosrs dont show off the wall differences....but when you watch the histogram(fuel mapping via oxygen sensors) it shows all kinda weird things. For example, the passenger side is showing lean at WOT while drivers side is rich at WOT...........
    High revving TPI........wait oxymoron?

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

no one?

Red
    1996 Trans Am

can you send me a cvs. copy of the datalog? Have you ever had a tune to the computer? Sounds like it might be giving problems under PE mode.
    jtb429@cox.net

Thread Information