4L60E problems... Any advice.

I recently swapped a 95' Impala SS drivetrain into my 91' Z28. The problems is as follows...

The 4L60E will not shift out of 3rd at partial or WOT. I have no OD.

The damn thing just keeps on reving and the bad part about it is it doesn't even stop when it reaches my rev limiter. Which is set @ 6000RPM on both my MSD box and computer.

I want to try all possible options before taking it to get rebuild.

The only thing I have done to the trans is install a B&M Torque Converter 2400 Stall, change the gasket, filter and fluid and put an oil cooler on it.

I recently installed my 3.42 LS1 rear which I though would help with the shifting because my computer was set for 3.42 gears although I still had 2.73 in the rear. But nothing has changed now it just revs quicker.

Questions:

If my linkage is needs to be adjusted will that have any effect on shifting? Because as of right now my shifter does not go into first (1).

Also the Dk. Blue Wire (Transmission pressure switch signal-Range B) on the A4 harness had mysterious gotten cut. Although, I reconnected it today nothing changed. By me unknowingly driving with that wire cut, could I have possibly hurt my trans?

Any help would be great!

Thanks in Advance,
    Jay

Last Questions:

Do you think I should use a shifter & shifter cable from an 94-97 F-body? Since my shifter cable for my 91' does not allow me to shift into 1st?

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

with that last question it seems like your shift cable isn't adjusted properly. i think that the 4l60e is just an electronic version of the trans that originally came in your camaro. since you cant get into first, you might not be getting into fourth all the way. jack the car up and take off the shifter cable. then by hand shift the tranny through the gears. if you dont get it into p r n od 3 2 1 there might be something wrong inside. just make sure you chock the wheels when you do this and the car is off.

bigrondownhiller,

It seems that after reconnecting that wire on the A4 harness. I can now put the shifter in first and the trans is shifting into overdrive. However, @ WOT the RPMs still seem to be going very high.

From a stop @ WOT what do your RPM's go to before it shifts? I just want to make sure its safe to push before I do.

Thanks for the help,
    Jay

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

i have an m6. at what rpm does it shift? is it the same rpm for each gear?

Thread Information