Thread: 434!!!

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Exclamation 434!!!

434 cubic inch LT1!!! Its in a 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS owned by a guy named Jeff Green from Fishers, Indiana. He was at the latest Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags. I want to find this guy ASAP. Anybody know how I can get a hold of him?
    Last edited by RJWZ28; 08-25-2007 at 07:59 PM.

red
    96 ss

/\Thank you, hopefully one of those is the right guy!

grey
    95 9c1 caprice

u can try to look for him at www.impalassforum.com its probably the biggest b-body forum good luck

I found a jeff green, hopefully its him, I sent a pm.

grey
    95 9c1 caprice

i did some searching about the 434ci lt1 and i'm pretty sure its a aftermarket block....the most u can built a lt1 up to is 421 at the very most but u'll be very close to the water jackets....from what i read after 396ci it cost to much money for what its worth to get those extra ci

Yeah I don't know if you noticed but I joined impalassforum.com and that is about the same idea I got. From what I have found on the boards, Jeff Green built two blocks capable of the larger displacement, and they're aluminum on top of that. ($$$!!!) Anyway, he built only two of them and he sold one of them, so it is not only ridiculously out of my budget but impossible to obtain one as well. It was a fun idea to toy with for a moment though.

grey
    95 9c1 caprice

we can always dream...haha....the impala forum is a pretty good site for lt1 info a lot of guys are very helpfull as well

grey
    95 9c1 caprice

i have no clue if this is possible since lt1's have reverse cooling but if u wanted a big CI small block chevy im wondering if its possible using a pre lt1 block and putting lt1 heads and injection setup on it??....just a thought....if u can then u should be able to get 454ci out of it...i know they use a lot of the same internal stuff so maybe there is a good chance

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by linkandcuff View Post
    i have no clue if this is possible since lt1's have reverse cooling but if u wanted a big CI small block chevy im wondering if its possible using a pre lt1 block and putting lt1 heads and injection setup on it??....just a thought....if u can then u should be able to get 454ci out of it...i know they use a lot of the same internal stuff so maybe there is a good chance

A pre LT1 small block wont go anywhere near 454 ci, unless it's an aftermarket block. Cooling passages need to be modified to bolt non-LT1 heads to an LT1 block, so I assume the reverse is true when using an aftermarket block with LT1 heads.

grey
    95 9c1 caprice

maybe there might be a lot of things that need to be modified on the engine block to make it work but here is the company that makes 454ci sbc stroker kits for a pre lt1 blocks. It doesnt say anywhere that u have to use a aftermarket block like the worlds performance block but maybe u can only get 454 when using the worlds block. It did seem like u can bore and stroke a sbc to 421 but i guess u can already do that with a lt1. check it out.

http://www.worldcastings.com/prods_p...tatingKits.htm

red
    95 Z28

454 is not happening on a stock small block, pre LT1 or not.

grey
    95 9c1 caprice

HTML Code:
    maybe there might be a lot of things that need to be modified on the engine block to make it work but here is the company that makes 454ci sbc stroker kits for a pre lt1 blocks. It doesnt say anywhere that u have to use a aftermarket block like the worlds performance block but maybe u can only get 454 when using the worlds block. It did seem like u can bore and stroke a sbc to 421 but i guess u can already do that with a lt1. check it out.
    i'm not saying that u can im saying "maybe" u can and is worth looking into...i know for sure u can make 454ci with a worlds small block but wasnt sure with a sbc.

red
    95 Z28

THERE'S NO FUCKING "MAYBE" ABOUT IT

Not sure how many times I have to say this about a stock small block.

grey
    95 9c1 caprice

i dont think its about "how many time u say it" its more or less about "how" u say it. A lot of forums are design to figure out new situations and look for new ones and help each other along the way. Right now u are making this forum look bad by replying the way u do and hopefully u either straighten out for leave.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by linkandcuff View Post
    i dont think its about "how many time u say it" its more or less about "how" u say it. A lot of forums are design to figure out new situations and look for new ones and help each other along the way. Right now u are making this forum look bad by replying the way u do and hopefully u either straighten out for leave.

Yeah... I started out by being nice (see my initial post)... but when people argue stupid points and dont consider, for one second, that something just isnt possible, then I tend to let politeness go by the wayside. I dont pamper people and blow sunshine up their skirts.

Have a nice day!

Be well John Spartan!

red
    95 Z28

Well, apparently linkandcuff is offended at my use of the "f" word. So from now on, whenever you want to use the "f" word, you must sustitute the word "fluffy". And when you feel the need to say sh*t.. you must substitute the word "shenanigans". Some other new word substitutes:

a**...new word - apple
    b*tch... new word- baddabing

We all need to work hard to make this section more like the rest of the internet, which is filled with sunshine, flowers, and beautiful meadows with pretty horses. And it all starts with me. I need to be less of a fluffy-ing shenanigan-head, and more the spiritual guiding light that the LT1 section needs.

Anywho, I was thinking that the only possible way to make an LT1 of that size would be to modify an aftermarket Gen I block into a "Gen II" of sorts, and stroke from there. Yes, 5.0 is right about not being able in any way to build a 434 or 454 from a stock Gen I or II small block, there simply isn't enough clearance for that much bore and stroke no matter how you try to do it. But he does seem to be a bit cranky, I'll be agreeing with link on that.

Black
    1999 Z28

Umm... actually you can build a 434 ci Gen I small black.

Bore and stroke a 400 sbc.

Thread Information