Results 1 to 10 of 10

3.73 Q's

This is a discussion on 3.73 Q's within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Im planning on doing some 3.73s here soon, but wanted to ask a few Q's. So here they are : ...

  1. #1
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    3.73 Q's

    Im planning on doing some 3.73s here soon, but wanted to ask a few Q's.
    So here they are :

    1/4 mile increase? What did it drop your times? How much did your Trap go up? Gas mileage?

  2. #2
    Junior Member Goatdude805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fillmore California
    Posts
    22

    torid red
    2004 gto

    I did the 3.73 on my 95 T/A.. auto trans.. It really makes a difference in the responce. I have not taken it to the track yet.. But I Ran my cousing's 04 MACH 1 5spd with long tubes, cold air kit, slp loudmouth and 3.75.. With my new set up I pulled away from him fast.. he played catchup all the way down.. Before with my 3.23 he pulled away at the start.. My car has knn cold air, shorties, hypertech tuner, QTP electric cut out.. hope this gives you an idea..

  3. #3
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatdude805 View Post
    I did the 3.73 on my 95 T/A.. auto trans.. It really makes a difference in the responce. I have not taken it to the track yet.. But I Ran my cousing's 04 MACH 1 5spd with long tubes, cold air kit, slp loudmouth and 3.75.. With my new set up I pulled away from him fast.. he played catchup all the way down.. Before with my 3.23 he pulled away at the start.. My car has knn cold air, shorties, hypertech tuner, QTP electric cut out.. hope this gives you an idea..
    It does, Im just trying to see how much of a difference it makes. Im glad so see you out there kicking ass with shorties. I got mids and everyones like they are a waste you wont get shit out of them.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Goatdude805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fillmore California
    Posts
    22

    torid red
    2004 gto

    You Know, everyone says the same thing. Yes long tubes are better flowing and will get you more horsepower and torque , but its all about where you want that power to kick in. Shorties are better than nothing. If you compare them to the very restricted manifolds you could see that shorties are an improvement in flow. I want all my power in the low to mid level because thats where i use it the most. I only run 1/4 miles. I dont go out on the interstate and try to start running at 65mph+.. Thats why i run shorties, High flow cats, to keep that little bit of back pressure for that low end.. The LT1 is a monster in low end torque!!!!! and with the proper bolt ons it really wakes it up...
    It all depens on your set up. If you are running CAM/HEADS and bolt ons, then yes long tubes. But If you are only running Full bolt ons, no cam/heads, then shorties are not bad.. Its all about putting the right peaces together and making them work together in harmony,,,,,,
    Last edited by Goatdude805; 09-19-2007 at 09:15 AM.

  5. #5
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatdude805 View Post
    You Know, everyone says the same thing. Yes long tubes are better flowing and will get you more horsepower and torque , but its all about where you want that power to kick in. Shorties are better than nothing. If you compare them to the very restricted manifolds you could see that shorties are an improvement in flow. I want all my power in the low to mid level because thats where i use it the most. I only run 1/4 miles. I dont go out on the interstate and try to start running at 65mph+.. Thats why i run shorties, High flow cats, to keep that little bit of back pressure for that low end.. The LT1 is a monster in low end torque!!!!! and with the proper bolt ons it really wakes it up...
    It all depens on your set up. If you are running CAM/HEADS and bolt ons, then yes long tubes. But If you are only running Full bolt ons, no cam/heads, then shorties are not bad.. Its all about putting the right peaces together and making them work together in harmony,,,,,,

    I agree whole heartedly. I want the best of both worlds, thats why I chose mids. And I got a deal that was very good. Even tho they didnt come with gaskets or the hardware but thats under $100 for it all. But I have a magnaflow hi flow cat followed by a cutout...So I cant wait to get these put on and kick some more ass.But with the cutout closed its a crappy Flowmaster

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    43

    white
    1998 TRANS AM

    i still have gears for 93-97 f-bodys 3.73 richmond with full install kit the price is neg.

  7. #7
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by powers84 View Post
    i still have gears for 93-97 f-bodys 3.73 richmond with full install kit the price is neg.
    What size carrier?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    43

    white
    1998 TRANS AM

    i dont know how do i find out. look on ws6store.com thats where i bought them from same on the install kit.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    43

    white
    1998 TRANS AM

    its a 3 carrier

  10. #10
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    sorry need a 2. youve been pmd as well!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •