Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1994 LT1 Camaro

This is a discussion on 1994 LT1 Camaro within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 94camaro94 how much would a dyno tune cost? The best thing for you to do in my ...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 94camaro94 View Post
    how much would a dyno tune cost?
    The best thing for you to do in my opinion is to contact the previous owner and find out everything, performance-wise, that has been done to this car. Make a list of it. That will give me, along with the rest of us a better idea of what your next step should be.

white
    1994 chey Camaro

alright ill get that done today hopefully, thanks

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Uhh.... yeah... It would end up being more than 1100$ to do heads and cam, especially if just the heads are 800$, wether they're assembled or not.

As for shocks, it depends on what you want the car to do. And it depends on what springs the car has in it now. For stock springs, bilstein HDs arent a bad upgrade for handling, but they arent designed for use with lowering springs.
    it's 800 to send them off and get them ported, oversized valves, upgraded valve springs. everything. it's a 200cc port. if you can get the heads for 800 you can get comp cams big cam for it for just 250 and then the other 50 for a new head gasket from summit. well you also have head bolts, and all that junk but it's about 1100 to do it. maybe closer to 1200. it's what I'm gonna do in the near future. I got a little porting done but i want it bigger.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    it's 800 to send them off and get them ported, oversized valves, upgraded valve springs. everything. it's a 200cc port. if you can get the heads for 800 you can get comp cams big cam for it for just 250 and then the other 50 for a new head gasket from summit. well you also have head bolts, and all that junk but it's about 1100 to do it. maybe closer to 1200. it's what I'm gonna do in the near future. I got a little porting done but i want it bigger.

All the little stuff you're forgetting adds up quickly (assuming you already have the supporting mods such as full exhaust, intake, etc). It's kind of obvious you've never done anything like this before, no offense. A tune alone (that you'll need) will likely push you over 1500 right off, and this guy's budget was half that.

New timing set?
    Pushrods?
    Lifters?
    Roller rockers/ guideplates?
    Head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, front cover gaskets, etc?
    Intake manifold port match?

I'm sure I am even forgetting a few things. I guess you could half ass it and reuse stock parts...I certainly wouldnt. Anyways, I'd plan more for 2500$ at least or so if you want to do it right.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 03-27-2008 at 06:28 PM.

white
    1994 chey Camaro

15 lbs tank with 75 shot
    ls1 brakes
    CAI
    long tube headers

these are really the only things done, so this car is practically starting from scratch. there is no exhaust system so i think that should be my first step, its just the long tube headers and a cut out so theres also no catalytic converter. so do you think exhaust is my first step or worry about that later on?

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 94camaro94 View Post
    15 lbs tank with 75 shot
    ls1 brakes
    CAI
    long tube headers

these are really the only things done, so this car is practically starting from scratch. there is no exhaust system so i think that should be my first step, its just the long tube headers and a cut out so theres also no catalytic converter. so do you think exhaust is my first step or worry about that later on?
    Tune + Drag radials for now. When money permits, cat-back system, gears, subframe connectors and lower control arms will be a great addition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information