pyro71985

~What would it take?~

What would it take to get my car to 425rwhp N/A? Also i want it to seem as stock as possible...meaning NO WiLd cams...is this possible? and how much money are we talking?

flat black
    im sure people will disagree, but its just fact...if you put that power into the engine and disregard the rest of the car aswell it could come to bite you in the ass...just food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by lrader99 View Post
    im sure people will disagree, but its just fact...if you put that power into the engine and disregard the rest of the car aswell it could come to bite you in the ass...just food for thought
    Agreed! Once you start adding HP, you are bound to find your car's next weakest link. For most of us, it's the rearend so make sure you put aside some money for supporting mods as well.

Now, if you don't want a big choppy cam, you've got a few options: NOS, forced induction, or stroker.
    Last edited by Sassy Cassie; 08-28-2006 at 11:48 AM.

Ratdaddy07
    I have an 01 TA, LS6 intake, LS6 heads ported and polished. Pacesetter long tubes and offroad Y, hooker 3.5 inch catback. MTI cold air, polished/ported MAF and throttle body and a 228/228 .580/.580 114LSA cam ( that isn't that big) and custom tune and it just did 419 at the wheels on a hot muggy day. SAE was 1.02 which means add 2% in perfect conditions so 427 on a good day. Car drives like factory and doesn't sound that strong until you are really in it. And oh yeah you will have to do other things to accomodate that kind of power. I have Moser 12 bolt rear-end with 4.10 gears and Z06 Clutch. Changed because I had to on both. Oh money almost forgot that, with the new rims(wider) to allow for bigger tires so count the tires to, the grand total was close to 15K. My car was older so that also included things like new injectors, crank and cam position sensor and 02 sensors little things like that but it all adds up pretty quick. Then again the car is pretty damn quick so in my opinion money well spent.

Ratdaddy07
    Neither NOS or forced induction is a good option if you want a truely long term car and like I said my cam isn't that big and it definitely ain't choppy. Also you want to spend another 6K and you can go with a 408 build-up and use a bigger cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hensgens View Post
    Neither NOS or forced induction is a good option if you want a truely long term car and like I said my cam isn't that big and it definitely ain't choppy. Also you want to spend another 6K and you can go with a 408 build-up and use a bigger cam.
    Our '99 WS6 has had a Procharger for almost four years, most of which it was driven daily, so I tend to disagree.

Ratdaddy07
    Has a great deal to do with how you use or abuse it I guess but when I say long term I mean I want my son to be able to take it to his prom(if they still sale gasoline(- and he is two. The guy at Thunder who did my tune and works with these cars regularly relates forced induction to steroids and nitrous to crack. Says it is just a matter of time with either and sooner than later with both.

Ratdaddy07
    MAn I have a craving for double stuff

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I would do lid, intake, full exhaust, heads, MTI C2 or TR224 cam, stall if you are an auto, new clutch if you are manual, and a tune. Those mods should get you the desired hp level of 425 hp for around $4200.

I think you would be better off doing a lid, exhaust, 75-100 shot of nitrous, stall if you are an auto, new clutch if you are manual, and a tune. Those mods will get you the desired hp level of 425 hp for around $2000. You would sound more like a stock car with those mods.
    Last edited by Packy; 08-28-2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: bored
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

Has a great deal to do with how you use or abuse it I guess but when I say long term I mean I want my son to be able to take it to his prom(if they still sale gasoline(- and he is two. The guy at Thunder who did my tune and works with these cars regularly relates forced induction to steroids and nitrous to crack. Says it is just a matter of time with either and sooner than later with both.
    Well... if you're planning on keeping your car that long, it is only a matter of time before you'll have to start doing some larger repairs. Cars just aren't made like they used to be.

MAn I have a craving for double stuff

Thread Information