Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Restore to factory CETA

14 36.84%
  • Build Z15 Clone

24 63.16%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Z15 Or CETA?

This is a discussion on Z15 Or CETA? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well guys, when I started this thread I was learning very heavily on the Z15 route. However, after thinking about ...

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

Well guys, when I started this thread I was learning very heavily on the Z15 route. However, after thinking about it for awhile (and considering input here) I feel that this "customization" would take away from the fact that this is a CETA (obviously enough). If I wanted to go the Z15 route I should have bought a regular WS6 in better condition and done it. Since I do have a CETA (or part of one) I think it best to put it back since these cars are rare (custom-looking) enough and I wouldn't have to explain the car to everybody. (CETA=self explanatory-collector/limited edition VS Z15-a clone of a suped-up CETA) It just seemed natural for the Z15 since its made from a CETA, but unless you have the 1 true z15...it means really nothing. Its just a custom WS6, not really even a CETA anymore

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Personally, i'm glad your going that route
    good luck and keep us posted on your progress

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Musclecargt71 View Post
    Well guys, when I started this thread I was learning very heavily on the Z15 route. However, after thinking about it for awhile (and considering input here) I feel that this "customization" would take away from the fact that this is a CETA (obviously enough). If I wanted to go the Z15 route I should have bought a regular WS6 in better condition and done it. Since I do have a CETA (or part of one) I think it best to put it back since these cars are rare (custom-looking) enough and I wouldn't have to explain the car to everybody. (CETA=self explanatory-collector/limited edition VS Z15-a clone of a suped-up CETA) It just seemed natural for the Z15 since its made from a CETA, but unless you have the 1 true z15...it means really nothing. Its just a custom WS6, not really even a CETA anymore
    that makes total sense. i agree with you now understanding it from your point of view. guess i'll be that other guy that does paint a Z15 clone and has to explain the car for 30 minutes at a time
    Last edited by joedude02; 11-09-2009 at 07:01 PM.

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by joedude02 View Post
    that makes total sense. i agree with you now understanding it from your point of view. guess i'll be that other guy that does paint a Z15 clone and has to explain the car for 30 minutes at a time
    lol you'll be alright, it will look custom and it will look good....I wish I could find you that pic I ran across when doing research. It was a red WS6 with the black Z15 theme....can't find it anywhere now

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

bump

Collector Edition Yellow
    2002 Trans Am CETA# 861

Well said... KEEP it a CETA... You'll appreciate her soon enough my friend...
    Here's to Midnight drives in 45 degree Spring weather... Who needs a jacket?

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i like the z15 alot. i want it on my red car.

yellow/black
    2002 Trans Am CETA

+1, glad you are gonna keep it a CETA. I usually only drive mine to the cruise nights but just about everyone knows about the CETA. Some who don't will say something like... "I've been around F-bodies all my life and I never saw this one before" or "who painted your car". For those that WILL know what you're car is, they will appreciate it and will thank you for taking care of it.

I get so many people that stop to look at my car at the cruise night and just look at it for 15 minutes or more and say "its a great thing you haven't modded this car...
    02 CETA #654 7800 miles
    09 G8 GT liquid red, sport/premium/sunroof red/black int
    07 Tahoe LS

...you'll know it's me when I come through your town
    I'm gonna ride around in style, I'm gonna drive everybody wild
    'cause I'll have the only one there is around

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lopedawg View Post
    I get so many people that stop to look at my car at the cruise night and just look at it for 15 minutes or more and say "its a great thing you haven't modded this car...
    It's a tough urge to resist though....(modding that is).

yellow/black
    2002 Trans Am CETA

It's tough in my dreams, not so tough in real life, with two daughters and a wife, I'm broke as a joke.

Sunfire Yellow
    02 Collector Edition T/A

At first reading this thread I thought it be cool to see a clone built Z15 but it's best for several reasons aside from the different shade yellow to leave your ceta's stock appearance.

In terms of value in todays current market the prices for ceta are all over the place. Hopefully you're saving a rare bird. Having a clean title on the car is the cars saving grace to retain it's value.

Goodluck with your build!

1999 WS6(sold) 2003 Cobra

wow i'm totally putting that black stripe on my white ws6, thats sick lookin!

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have to say I like the Z15 look I would actually considerdoing a similar paint job but different colors on my car since it's staying Arctic White since I'm not in the mood to spray the door jambs, under the hood, and the hatch area.
    I'm not the best person to ask since in my mind the last collectable TA was the 99 Anniversary Edition with the blue wheels. I was hoping the would have kept the TA to 2003 and make a final anniversary edition. My friend has a supercharged Yellow collectable and my first question to him since he bought his with low mileage a few years ago and paid a good amount I'm geussing since he never told me and I asked if you paid that much why not get a 99 Anniversary. I though for the 02 if they wanted to make a collectable TA it should have been Black with a tan interior and a phoenix on the hood, smoked and the bandit style. I would have went out and bought one of those but when I 1st went and looked at a yelloe 02 I couldn't bring myself to trade my 98 in on it and the 01 Firehawk they had in the showroom was already sold, so I still have my 98 till I can find a clean 99 since I don't wanna make a clone it has to be original.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

glad you decided this the z15 looks ricer as hell and gaudy
    Last edited by wenn_du_weinst; 04-17-2010 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
    the z15 looks ricer as hell and gaudy
    lol, c'mon now...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information