Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Are you tinted?

This is a discussion on Are you tinted? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If you can't see thru it that would be pretty stupid to have ...pretty sure you CAN see thru it...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you can't see thru it that would be pretty stupid to have ...pretty sure you CAN see thru it

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    If you can't see thru it that would be pretty stupid to have ...pretty sure you CAN see thru it
    you cant see thru the vinly lol trust me jon...its done on my car....its only goes over the bubble spot NOT the whole window LMAO

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    you cant see thru the vinly lol trust me jon...its done on my car....its only goes over the bubble spot NOT the whole window LMAO
    Ahhh. OK.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    limo 5 % or nothing.. just watch out for cops...
    im sure a cop will see this..lol
    they should worry bout other things.. not ilegal tint..
    There are serious safety issues if cops can't see into a car. That's the reason for tint laws.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

For all you FL guys getting tint Id ask for 30% front and 20% back just to be safe if you are really worried about tickets. The legal limit is 15% on the rear and 26% on the front in the state of Florida. The tinters arent always aware what legal is. I asked for legal tint, took my tint meter and measured it after I got the car back and it was 22% on the front and 5% on the back. Looks good though! Most tint meters will not be able to measure the back anyways since you have to slide the glass in between them and you cant do that with the hatch.

My wifes car is pretty dark, been that way for years without an issue.

I recently went in to have the back window done to keep the sun off my son in the back seat (it wasn't tinted like the sides for some reason)

The tint shop told me as soon as I pulled in, the sides were too dark and well passed the legal limit. They asked if I wanted it removed Been there for years without a single complaint.

Might have something to do with the fact that we are older, hauling the family around, and don't look like trouble makers. I told them to leave it alone.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 10-26-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 20ws6speed01 View Post
    just had mine done with 5% sides & back ..250$..and they had my car for 4 DAYS..WTF!!!...and just found cuts in it..so now i have 2 take it back..Looks good from the outside.. but the top part of the back looks like crap..
    Click for full size[/thumb]
    Click for full size[/thumb]
    Mine turned out the same way, it's the nature of the beast with that stupid crap molded into the windows (I forget the name of it)

Personally I don't worry about it, it's not a show car so I don't care. My main concern was to keep the sun and heat off of my kid in the back seat, and it's doing that. Besides it only cost me $60 to get done. I was just happy with the fact they could do that large back window in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    For all you FL guys getting tint Id ask for 30% front and 20% back just to be safe if you are really worried about tickets. The legal limit is 15% on the rear and 26% on the front in the state of Florida. The tinters arent always aware what legal is. I asked for legal tint, took my tint meter and measured it after I got the car back and it was 22% on the front and 5% on the back. Looks good though! Most tint meters will not be able to measure the back anyways since you have to slide the glass in between them and you cant do that with the hatch.

Click for full size
    car looks good

BUT

i run 5% or darker....but as you said IF your worred about the law just run the limit as i stated before, for the windshield, i think the law it cant be lower then the marker on the windshield, theres are little line on the edge NOW i never go by that b/c i always get nothing less then 12-15inch windshield strip in limo tint

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

car looks good

BUT

i run 5% or darker....but as you said IF your worred about the law just run the limit as i stated before, for the windshield, i think the law it cant be lower then the marker on the windshield, theres are little line on the edge NOW i never go by that b/c i always get nothing less then 12-15inch windshield strip in limo tint
    Yup, there is a marker on the windshield that says AS1. Cant be any tint under it in Florida at least, I dunno about the other states.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Yup, there is a marker on the windshield that says AS1. Cant be any tint under it in Florida at least, I dunno about the other states.
    true.....BUT you know we do it here lol FUCK THAT SHIT!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

LOL

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by CrossJaded View Post
    ..Do you have pics you could post? ...(I feel like I'm nagging since I asked in general b4....) I really wanna see how it looks with the sides done & nothin' on the windshield...
    Not nagging.

Vinyl is on the inside. Can't see through it, but it was difficult to see through that dot matrix shit anyways.

Older pics...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

Vinyl is on the inside. Can't see through it, but it was difficult to see through that dot matrix shit anyways.
    Ahhh. OK.
    seeeeeeeeeeee i no lie jon

Red
    2000 Trans Am

finally! thank you!!! that doesn't look bad at all. I feel better.

2001 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    Making it harder to see into your car draws more attention from cops trust me. FYI since your new cop bashing is a no-no.
    I'm in my 3rd year studying crim. and law, from my experience it's a lot better this way. They can't bother you if you don't break the law but discrimination is is annoying, they automatically assume I'm a drug dealer when in reality I'm busting my ass everyday in construction everyday after my classes. I got pulled over for a BS move over law ticket that easier got dropped when I went to court, but the cop had the urge to search my car because he said my leather smelled like marijuana and I am a 20 year old in such a nice car.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by pbguy357 View Post
    I'm in my 3rd year studying crim. and law, from my experience it's a lot better this way. They can't bother you if you don't break the law but discrimination is is annoying, they automatically assume I'm a drug dealer when in reality I'm busting my ass everyday in construction everyday after my classes. I got pulled over for a BS move over law ticket that easier got dropped when I went to court, but the cop had the urge to search my car because he said my leather smelled like marijuana and I am a 20 year old in such a nice car.
    How is the move over law BS??? Do you know how many cops have been run into while on traffic stops or other calls on the roadside???

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

lets keep this on topic. if you want to change topics start a new thread or fight in pm's.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

When I call some local tint shops I'll ask about the vinyl. My 96 didn't have vinyl and it started to bubble after a few years and looked like crap.

I do not want that on the 35th Anniversary LE.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

When I call some local tint shops I'll ask about the vinyl. My 96 didn't have vinyl and it started to bubble after a few years and looked like crap.

I do not want that on the 35th Anniversary LE.

So how does it work? ..or what questions would you ask when looking for a reputable tint shop? I see so many cars w/ faded bubbled tint & it just looks awful.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I will try to get a picture of the vinyl from the inside tomorrow guys....
    It really doesn't change visibility at all.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information