Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Are you afarid of miles??

This is a discussion on Are you afarid of miles?? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; thanx for the input everyone, i have a dd as well, i just feel that if i "drive it like ...

white
    1998 WS6 M6

thanx for the input everyone, i have a dd as well, i just feel that if i "drive it like i stole it" that im gonna mess something up. dont get me wrong there times.....well lots of times when i rip on her, i just figure its and LS1 and it can handle it. she my baby and if anything serious went wrong im not sure what i would do.
    -Half Throttle Racing-

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

1999 with 36,400 miles.

Could care less about the miles, but 14-15 MPG around town is limiting them right now.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    1999 with 36,400 miles.

Could care less about the miles, but 14-15 MPG around town is limiting them right now.

I think your photogenic car is limiting your miles..

"OMG LOOK AT THE SCENERY, MUST TAKE PICTURE TO IMPRESS ONLINE BUDDIES!"

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    I think your photogenic car is limiting your miles..

"OMG LOOK AT THE SCENERY, MUST TAKE PICTURE TO IMPRESS ONLINE BUDDIES!"

Hey damn it...I take pictures because it is a hobby.

And too impress people online.
    Well...at least share them. No need to impress anyone. That pile of shit car of mine is for me, no one else.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Well...at least share them. No need to impress anyone. That pile of shit car of mine is for me, no one else.

keep the pics coming.................if I spend hours cleaning my car its going to get whored out........after a good wax job I always ride through town just to see people rubber neck over black betty

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I bought mine last Aug with 65k, I'm just about to hit 80k. It's a little depressing, but I bought the car to drive it. When I fist got it I didn't think I'd care about mileage, but I find myself looking at the odo alot and finding ways to not drive it as much. What racks up the miles is that the car is a DD, and I work 30 miles away. So that's 300 miles a week just to get to work and back. She runs great though, and all the miles I've put on have been easy miles, I do mostly highway at 70 or under.

All in all though, it's car, it's meant to be driven. What fun is it if it just sits in the garage gathering dust?

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

if your not going to drive the thing sell it .there were too many of these made for them to be worth that much ,later on this isnt the sixties man besides with gas prices these things are sure to become obsolete(gas motors that is).. Its just like anything else in whats the purpose of having it if you cant enjoy it.. I think it is a waste to have a car and keep it in the garage just to look at it... I understand the heavily modded cars with low miles.more trouble to drive and those are meant for the track.. economy sucks ass nothing is going to gain value but gas.. I agree drive it like you stole or buy a damn economy car and a walking cane.. dont be that guy that talks about the muscle car once fast as hell but never drove it sold it now wishes he had it back....

White
    1998 Trans Am m6

My car has 93xxx, bought it to enjoy! And I enjoy every min. of it !

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    nope.............only thing that scares me is the 150 speedo that stares me in the face saying, "bury me".
    LMFAO!!! Yeah, that thing begs me daily.

pewter
    2002 firehawk

first one I had I bought it with 32xxx and traded it with 56xxx for my current car(02 firehawk) with 36xxx , got lucky to find another one with low miles....the thing I hate most about driving it every day is the road tar that eventually gets on there and the bugs, and keeping it clean, and waxing it, and trying to drive the speed limit, etc, etc, but.....I don't think I could live a very happy life without it....

Black
    00 WS6

I'm about to hit 50k and I don't like it..........

Black
    02 Trans Am WS6

Mine just rolled 5,200. I gotta stop driving the damn thing.

The more you drive them, the more they get dorked up.
    I've already had buttmuchers throw rocks, stones etc etc. I've got enough chips and gouges to last me a lifetime, just from driving it to and from shows.
    My drivers side rims got the wrath of some idiot truck falling off the road while he passed me, zinging rocks into my rims.
    Ive got 2 decent size chunks that were ripped out by flying rocks.

Plus... there aren't any appraisal books for 2002 vehicles yet. So if it gets hit....your SOL.
    Now...if I had enough money for a clone car... I'd be driving it as a daily driver. This one's gonna be one of those barn finds 40 years from now with like 20K miles on it. when I'm 70 or 80, I plan on giving it to my sisters Kid (if responsible) or selling it to another car guy that's just starting out.
    Last edited by Trickytransam; 07-18-2008 at 12:51 PM.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

I think your pictures are bad-ass, i would post something like that in my picture thread. Matter of fact maybe i will

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Everyone who says that they dont want to drive their cars cause they are worried about putting miles on it need to trade them in and get a ford. pussys. What the fuck did you get it for? It is a muscle car and a damn good lookin one. These cars are not going to be worth shit down the road. They have depreciated drasticly in the last few years. They are only worth something to the owners. Thats it. You obviously bought it because you love it, so show everyone how much you love it by driving it and showing it off.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

170k on my baby and still running strong. i didnt buy it for it to sit and drool over it. i bought it to sit in the drool and have some fun on the road. i will NEVER get rid of my z. its too much fun to drive. i like the attention it brings me. obviously, its my dd. i drive 60 miles round trip to/from work a day, sometimes 6 days a week. thats not even counting the miles after work runnin errands or just fartin around. im always driving my car. i love it, like i said, its fun to drive.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Jam99 View Post
    Everyone who says that they dont want to drive their cars cause they are worried about putting miles on it need to trade them in and get a ford. pussys. What the fuck did you get it for? It is a muscle car and a damn good lookin one. These cars are not going to be worth shit down the road. They have depreciated drasticly in the last few years. They are only worth something to the owners. Thats it. You obviously bought it because you love it, so show everyone how much you love it by driving it and showing it off.
    Yikes!!! what a good speech. I try to live up to the name as much as possible. Drive like a retard............but, like an educated retard.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Jam99 View Post
    Says the little blow job that does'nt know shit...............
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((>`..`.><((((>

arctic white
    97 firebird

just disconnect the wires for it to read the miles for a while and you wont have to worry

All colors
    1993-2002

Drive It!!! Cars These Cars Were Not Meant For The Museums. They Were Meant To Be Driven. Dont Be Afraid To Drive It, It Is An Ls1 The Best Series Motor Out There. But I Understand The Dilema, It Could Be Worth Tons Of Money 30 Years From Now If You Park It Now. But What Fun Would That Be.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

wow what a bunch of pussies how bout you marry a hot chick and not sleep with her cause she might be tarnished or how bout you buy a nice house and not live in it you might mess it up... dumb asses the only cars that gain value are very limited production ones ours arent that....instead of driving your cars why dont you nerds just go count your damn baseball card collections... unbelievable buy a car and not drive it half the fun of driving is fixing it if you cant do the monor repairs to your own car ride the damn bus..or buy a hyundai....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information