Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, I am this stupid!

This is a discussion on Yes, I am this stupid! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; WOW !! That whole situation really "socks" !! Sorry, couldn't resist that one. As for my stupidity check: I just ...

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

WOW !! That whole situation really "socks" !! Sorry, couldn't resist that one. As for my stupidity check: I just put a new Hurst shifter on my '75 455HO TA, hooked all the rods and linkage up, etc,etc. Couldn't wait to try it out! Start it up, put it in 1st, took off like a snail in molasses in winter! Pull it back into second, almost went through the windshield. Totally confused now. Same thing with 3rd and 4th gears, everything was reversed. Eventually I discovered that I installed the linkage rods UNDER the mounting point instead of OVER them. Looking back on it now, it was actually kind of kool to shift backwards like that but common sense prevailed and I switched it back to where it should have been in the first place. Very stoopid, but you know how it is

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Like was said above....watch the oil pressure sending unit. Really easy to break. Only about $20 to replace but if you can help it try not to break it. Easier said than done. I bet 80% of the people that pull their intake the first time break that sender.

<<<Guilty, even with Orion's warning I still did it

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

back to op request

i was working on my 1985 swb chevy 383 about 3 months after we finally got the motor back together. i decided that i wanted a different air cleaner so i went to o'reillys and got a chrome edelbrock. when i got home i started taking the original one off and left the nut on the top of it. i was in such a hurry that i slammed my head into the hood and dropped the air cleaner what i didnt realize was that the nut fell into the mouth of the carb. about a week later it started running weird and making a horrible noise so i took it up to my mechanic and he tore it down. we found the reminance of the nut in cylinder #3 where it had destroyed the top of the piston and the head. needless to say i was pissed. we ended up rebuilding it again when it only had about 2500 miles on it

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Not necessary to remove tb to change water pump. My stupid story,I was installing a b&m ripper shifter in my 96 Mustang GT,well I took all 4 bolts out that held the shifter to the transmission and it was still firmly attached,so per instructions I reinstalled the shifter knob and pulled on the shifter assy,hard.it released all of a sudden,came up,and hit me square in the nose!!! I walked in the house and my dad said "did you get in a fight?" I said "yeah,with my mustang".
    Posted via Mobile Device

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

MY STUPID STORY IS MY FIRST RIDE 78 CHEVY LONG BED 400/400 TURBO. JUST PUT A NEW QJET ON AND ALUM INTAKE TOOK ME ALL DAY HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING, PUT THE FUEL FILTER IN BACKWARDS AND DIDN'T TIGHTEN THE HOUSING DOWN ALL THE WAY . DRIVING DOWN THE HWY THE TRUCK STARTING CUTTING OUT MY FIRST REACTION WAS TO PUT THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR IT SHOT GAS EVERYWHERE CAUGHT ON FIRE BURNT ALL OF THE LINES UP AND PRETTY MUCH F@cKED THE CARB ALL OVER A FUEL FILTER FUN TIMES!!!

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Solved yet?

If not,

Try this:

Get a sock just like the one you lost, Go to a Veterinary Supply, Get some DMSO. Pour it on the sock... It should dissolve the polyester in the sock, and leave the cotton behind... if so, spray the DMSO into the intake liberally. The Cotton part will remain which will then burn up very easy during combustion.

Then remove the TB and spray a can of intake cleaner inside...

Its worth a try if you haven't/ don't want to pull the intake... just BE SURE TO TEST ON THE MATE SOCK FIRST.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information