Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ws7

mrdirtyz28

Ws7

what's a WS7 a guy @ work just got one.he claims it a lot faster than a ws6 is this true before i race him for some money?also it has ws9 in the door for a code???
    Last edited by mrdirtyz28; 06-28-2006 at 05:34 PM.

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

ws7 isn't a real package for firebirds. basically, it is a base t/a that has all the ws6 options added to it. Instead of calling it ws6 tho, they call it ws7, since it isn't a real ws6. Ws9 is the conversion code for a t/a. Nothing special about that.

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

so yea, to sum it up, the guys a loser because his vehicle is imitating something is isnt..
    No replacement for displacement.

Click for full size

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona-Extra View Post
    so yea, to sum it up, the guys a loser because his vehicle is imitating something is isnt..
    immitating something it isn't? its not like having a WS6 over a regular T/A is that special or a SS over a Z28. Its mainly all appearance. Its not like this is a mustang GT and some guy slapped Cobra badges on it. Our cars are basically all the same.

the guy is not a loser. People call their transformed Trans Am a WS7 to avoid people who say that its a fake WS6. I think its pretty cool.

To claim his WS7 is faster than a WS6 is bull - unless he has mods.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

He'd be a loser if tried to call it a WS6. Acknowledging that it isn't is being honest on his part. I bought a base T/A and replaced everything that makes a WS6 one with better parts than what the factory does during the conversion so in that aspect mine is faster and better handling than a stock WS6. I like the Ram Air hood so I put one and it is a bit beefier one than what the factory one was also. I'm not telling anyone that mine is a WS6 just the same as him. I'm not imatating a car it isn't. It's just the what everyone calls it when you do up a base T/A with a WS6 style hood. I didn't want to waste the money on what I would replace anyway. I hope your not calling me and alot of people on this board losers are you???

Black SVT & Silver WS6

Ohk.. I retract the loser statement.. but I don’t like the whole idea behind the WS7 badge.. I mean, it may just be that its a WS "7"... which is a of course a higher number than "6"... that says to me that its something bigger and better then the WS6.. when in fact its not… why did I pay for a WS6, because it’s a WS6.. I don’t want someone who didn’t spend the money like I did.. going around trying to imitate something that he/she isn’t.. i dont know.. i dont like it..

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I spent way more on mine to make it a WS7 then the factory $3000 option to make it a WS6. I don't know who or why it was dubbed a WS7 other than being similar, but different. A WS6 is what the factory called it and that is all that there is in the number. A base trans-am and Formula is a WS9 option if that helps your problem with the WSx numbering any.

Black SVT & Silver WS6

"my problem".. i guess you were offended... oh well.. shit happens.. its America.. what are we going to do..

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'm not offended, just trying to help you see why it's done like that and that numbers really mean jack. I just don't like people being closed minded and thinking things that are really not the way they are, but may appear to be.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

if i spend the money to convert it, i'd sure as hell slap a ws.6 badge on it.

GM Service Advisor

Black
    2002 Pontiac T/A Firehawk

I'm glad he didn't decide to imitate a Firehawk and then call it a "Bird Hawk" or something like that...
    2002 T/A Firehawk,M6,Black,IROC Spoiler,Chrome wheels,base suspension and diff.SLP CAI,Y-pipe,SFC,STB,Lightweight steel flywheel,SLP pulley,descreened MAF,B&M Ripper,steel 3/4 shift fork,SLP rear LCA,4:10 gears,T/A girdle with stud kit,HPP3.

Black SVT & Silver WS6

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKNYU View Post
    I'm glad he didn't decide to imitate a Firehawk and then call it a "Bird Hawk" or something like that...
    i guess you somewhat see where im coming from.. glad to see im not the only one out there...

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS7

I put my WS7 emblem on because i dont want to pretend that it is a ws6... everybody who knows a little about f-body knows what a ws7 is.

It is a upgraded TA that is better than the stock WS6 is... just my 2 cents.
    www.ws7.se
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1249
    Running on E85

Twin Turbo Project Started

Hello from Sweden.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

That confuses me. Your modded car is better than a stock car??
    Apples and oranges.

I would gather to say my WS.6 is probably a bit faster than most WS.7's.

Of course this part is all opinion, but covers most opinions that I have seen.
    Stock T/A < Stock WS.6
    Stock 'WS.7' < Stock WS.6
    Modded 'WS.7' = Stock WS.6 (appearance wise)
    Obviously some are modded further than others and can change that.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

red
    1999 Trans am

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Corona-Extra View Post
    "my problem".. i guess you were offended... oh well.. shit happens.. its America.. what are we going to do..
    True! Usually people start throwing curse words. But you guys settled it like adults. Good job.

red
    1999 Trans am

Hey! What do I have to add to my car to make it run like a WS6? A side from a poser emblem. Besides I have a custum LS-GUN decal.
    Red 99 Trans am A4. STS Turbo, K&N, Thomas Racing chip, Tail waste gate, Slp mass airflow sensor,and TB bypass. Soon to be running 12.4

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

whether you put your money into buying a ws6 or making a replica doesnt really matter both have a LS1 engine right(98-02), and dont quiet a few of us end up changing those slight differences anyways, the way i see it if its a trans am i love it, but given the choice i would take a ws6 over a bone stock T/A mainly due to the fact that its already slightly modded and im not exactly rich. anyways heres another question for yall, im about to get a WS6, but i was wondering someting. this one is factory equipped with a hurst shifter, did all ws6's come factory equipped with one, or was that an option on any trans am not just the ws6?

2000pontiac6
    How many of you would be a little aggitated if someone made their formula look like a formula firehawk or their base ta look like a firehawk? For those of you that wouldn't be annoyed by it at all... what about a V6 making their car look like a firehawk so long as they don't call it one? I have a v6 bird and love the look of the formula firehawk above all the rest but just don't think it would be right for me to copy it exactly

red
    1999 Trans am

I don't mind if someone poses as a firehawk. Its not as if they can back it up.

Black
    99 SS

who gives a rats ass?? its your car do as you please with it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information