Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

WS6 vs GTO

This is a discussion on WS6 vs GTO within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by mpfranks the discussion isnt bad, but were talking lsx series here guys lol i was still defending ...

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post

the discussion isnt bad, but were talking lsx series here guys
    lol i was still defending the gtos status

Artic White
    2002 ws6

GM should have thought long and hard about ripping the Holden from Australia as the legendary GTO. I understand the status symbolization of both the Trans Am and the Goat, hell my uncle owns a 69 Judge... but come on... Like everyone else here has said, it looks like a Grand Prix or a stretched out sunfire. That being said, it still is a good car and the last few years with the hood scoops and such did make it look better, but not great. JMO...

silver
    2002 ws6

i suppose, but its all about your application. its not like a big block 454 is right for every muscle car.
    how about rusty old trucks?
    Last edited by big hammer; 04-04-2009 at 06:17 AM.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by architect7 View Post
    GM should have thought long and hard about ripping the Holden from Australia as the legendary GTO. I understand the status symbolization of both the Trans Am and the Goat, hell my uncle owns a 69 Judge... but come on... Like everyone else here has said, it looks like a Grand Prix or a stretched out sunfire. That being said, it still is a good car and the last few years with the hood scoops and such did make it look better, but not great. JMO...
    take the spoiler off your car and then take a pic. youll see which car looks more like a sunfire. lol but seriously i like how the gto was a completely different vehicle from the old ones. i dont see the grand prix either. maybe is just the placing of the front pontiac emblem???

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

looks awfully familiar to me...

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    take the spoiler off your car and then take a pic. youll see which car looks more like a sunfire. lol but seriously i like how the gto was a completely different vehicle from the old ones. i dont see the grand prix either. maybe is just the placing of the front pontiac emblem???
    WHAT!? those pictures dont look similar? the gto looks like a newer grand prix. simialr headlights, foglights, grill, air dam, and even the ram air grand prix have hood scoops. its fine if you like the gto, but its undeniable that they do look similar.

and comparing the ta to a sunfire is a real stretch. similar styling due to the era, but not even close. lol, wow that does look like my car...

Last edited by mpfranks; 02-25-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    how about rusty old trucks?

White
    1998 Trans Am

What we need is a pic of a Grand Prix 2 door and a GTO before they added the new hood. That would be a perfect comparison.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

White
    1998 Trans Am

Atually since were doing comparisons. I always though the Geo Storms Looked Like LT1 camaros

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

close as youre gonna get. but if you cant see it in this pic then you need your eyes checked....

slap some new headlights and wheels on the grand prix and i bet most people wouldnt even notice the difference

white
    2000 Z28

Click for full size

Click for full size

from the pics both set look similar. i always saw the gto as quite a bit smoother than the grand prix and when i picture grand prix for some reason i always picture the early 90s models. but as for the ta and sunfire. the side no but the front end yes. ill get a flat hood on a bird vs this sunfire though. different headlights similar bumper and similar rear if there was no spoiler. there was someone a while back who got their spoiler touched up and put a pic of the rear w/o spoiler maybe someone knows where its at.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Click for full size

Click for full size

from the pics both set look similar. i always saw the gto as quite a bit smoother than the grand prix and when i picture grand prix for some reason i always picture the early 90s models. but as for the ta and sunfire. the side no but the front end yes. ill get a flat hood on a bird vs this sunfire though. different headlights similar bumper and similar rear if there was no spoiler. there was someone a while back who got their spoiler touched up and put a pic of the rear w/o spoiler maybe someone knows where its at.
    dude youre crazy

white
    2000 Z28

Click for full size

Click for full size

much better comparison.

Artic White
    2002 ws6

You opened debate door... let me slam it in your face. ha ha

gto:

sunfire:

my car without spoiler:

Considering the entire body geometry is different, AND I don't even have a rear seat window... I really see no point in continuing the comparison between a TA and a sunfire...

Artic White
    2002 ws6

Click for full size

Click for full size

much better comparison.
    someone get this guy some glasses... Stat!

white
    2000 Z28

You opened debate door... let me slam it in your face. ha ha

gto:

Click for full size

sunfire:

Click for full size

my car without spoiler:

Click for full size

Considering the entire body geometry is different, AND I don't even have a rear seat window... I really see no point in continuing the comparison between a TA and a sunfire...
    i could have swore the other pics were not rice soup. any retard can make a junker look like another car if you change out the body on it. take the thread in the aag section of an mr2 looking like tore up mustang. show a shot straight from the back and you will see what i mean.

Artic White
    2002 ws6

i could have swore the other pics were not rice soup. any retard can make a junker look like another car if you change out the body on it. take the thread in the aag section of an mr2 looking like tore up mustang. show a shot straight from the back and you will see what i mean.
    You said "car looks similar" not "the back looks the same" even though it doesn't. and it doesn't take a genius to see past the ground effects, spoiler, and wing to tell that they look similar... you sure have a lot of people agreeing with your point though, so I guess I'll settle down. And no... you can rice the hell out of a car and still not make it look like another. the original body is what makes them look alike.

Artic White
    2002 ws6

care to retract this statement?

GTO rear:

Sunfire rear:

TA rear:

I can do this all day...

white
    2000 Z28

You said "car looks similar" not "the back looks the same" even though it doesn't. and it doesn't take a genius to see past the ground effects, spoiler, and wing to tell that they look similar... you sure have a lot of people agreeing with your point though, so I guess I'll settle down. And no... you can rice the hell out of a car and still not make it look like another. the original body is what makes them look alike.
    if you saw that back shot of the ta you would know what i mean. that front shot i posted looks similar to the sunfire also. t/as hood is longer but still flat with the same two creases above the headlights as the sunfires and the front bumper is just as similar as the gto and grand prix are.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The GTO looked like the rest of the Pontiac line back in the late 60's as well.....

Artic White
    2002 ws6

if you saw that back shot of the ta you would know what i mean. that front shot i posted looks similar to the sunfire also. t/as hood is longer but still flat with the same two creases above the headlights as the sunfires and the front bumper is just as similar as the gto and grand prix are.
    Wow... I'm honestly speechless... The ONLY similarity between the rear of a Sunfire and the rear of a TA is that towards the back they slope down. The TA's is subtle and the sunfire is drastic... and if that makes the two look the same... maybe I can sell my car as a ferrari to someone... I mean... they both have four wheels. I've wasted quite enough time with this... you win!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information