Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

WS6 vs GTO

This is a discussion on WS6 vs GTO within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; How is this even a debate? ws6!...

red
    2001 trans am ws6

How is this even a debate? ws6!

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by derekws6 View Post
    How is this even a debate? ws6!
    Like that response.

blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6 6M

seats in the WS6 are very nice, just typical gm rattles in the cabin(thats wat u get for having a lighter car). just did a ride from naples, fl to nj no sore ass lol

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I would say the seats in my WS6 are "ok"

Nice are the same thing as good. That is GTO seats IMO.

Victory Red
    2007 Pontiac G5

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    WS6 = Better looking

GTO = Newer, better engine, and better ride quality.

I'd rather have a WS6 at a car show, but I'd rather have a GTO on a road trip.
    Couldn't agree with you more.. but theres something legendary about the GTO.. which always cought my eye. Right now im looking for an Ls1 to buy, but if i found a nice ls2 goat, i would hop right on it

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    WS6 = Better looking

GTO = Newer, better engine, and better ride quality.

I'd rather have a WS6 at a car show, but I'd rather have a GTO on a road trip.
    enlighten me please. how is the ls2 a "better" motor? because it had a few more ponies? if i remember correctly the 6.0L was discontinued from the corvette for the much improved 6.2L ls3. in fact, the gto was really the only car that ever ran the ls2 for any significant amount of time. the 6.0L was a great truck engine (not considering the mpg), but call me whatever you want, imo the ls2 is the worst of the LSX series motors.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo The Ecotec View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more.. but theres something legendary about the GTO.. which always cought my eye. Right now im looking for an Ls1 to buy, but if i found a nice ls2 goat, i would hop right on it
    I have to agree with the GTO being a legendary car. I'd trade my TA and my Trailblazer for a 69 Judge any day of the week. But I think GM fell short on the new one. It looks too much like a Grand Prix. The hood scoops on the later models were a nice touch but still think they could have done alot better job on the body. The interior is nice though.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

GTOs are nice cars. But just like black women--although I know they can do things for you--I just ain't attracted to them.

Wouldn't test drive one, wouldn't own one.

Where is all this GTO being more legendary crap coming from?

Since when does the Trans Am lack legendary status? The TA is just as legendary a name if not more than the GTO. Its named after a racing series for crying out loud, what says performance more than that? And the Trans Am has been in shown in more movies than the GTO, that's fact. Think about the movies that featured it, Deathrace, Smokey and the Bandit, The Driver, Knightrider. Off the top of my head to only movie I can think of that featured the GTO was XXX, the first one with Vin Diesel. Another thing that make the TA famous was the fact that the Banks Performance twin turbo 3rd gen held status as the fastest running piston engine street legal car in the world for years, it could hit 250+ mph on the salt flats. How can you say the TA lacks status?

Laugh while you can... mistermike's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Firebird was a spinoff of the "pony car" Camaro, which was GM's "me too" version of the Mustang. While the Camaro/Firebird was ultimately a better car, the Mustang is the one that will be remembered in the history books.

The 64 GTO was unique and unprecedented. It ushered in the muscle car era.

The Holden Monaro, on which the reborn GTO is based, has its own history. It isn't a muscle car in the traditional sense, and was never intended to be, much to the chagrin of the butthurt geezers over at Performance Years. It was designed to embarass BMW owners, which it does with authority. Pontiac probably would have sold more had they retained its original name, although it does fit the definition of a homologated GT car.

I love making some arrogant M5 prick wonder why he spent so much money. Sometimes they get so frustrated, they drop their cell phones.

silver
    2002 ws6

That's a Judge gto, not lsx.
    i know but under the hood is frickin sweet!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    enlighten me please. how is the ls2 a "better" motor? because it had a few more ponies? if i remember correctly the 6.0L was discontinued from the corvette for the much improved 6.2L ls3. in fact, the gto was really the only car that ever ran the ls2 for any significant amount of time. the 6.0L was a great truck engine (not considering the mpg), but call me whatever you want, imo the ls2 is the worst of the LSX series motors.
    What he probably means, is the LS2 is 366 cubes while the LS1 is 346 cubes, therefore the bigger stock cubes having more potential. I am not saying that one or the other is better, but there is no replacement for displacement as the old saying goes.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    What he probably means, is the LS2 is 366 cubes while the LS1 is 346 cubes, therefore the bigger stock cubes having more potential. I am not saying that one or the other is better, but there is no replacement for displacement as the old saying goes.
    i suppose, but its all about your application. its not like a big block 454 is right for every muscle car.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    i suppose, but its all about your application. its not like a big block 454 is right for every muscle car.
    Agreed

white
    2000 Z28

Since when does the Trans Am lack legendary status? The TA is just as legendary a name if not more than the GTO. Its named after a racing series for crying out loud, what says performance more than that? And the Trans Am has been in shown in more movies than the GTO, that's fact. Think about the movies that featured it, Deathrace, Smokey and the Bandit, The Driver, Knightrider. Off the top of my head to only movie I can think of that featured the GTO was XXX, the first one with Vin Diesel. Another thing that make the TA famous was the fact that the Banks Performance twin turbo 3rd gen held status as the fastest running piston engine street legal car in the world for years, it could hit 250+ mph on the salt flats. How can you say the TA lacks status?
    movies has nothing to do with status. people may remember movies but that doesnt say a whole lot. i could watch a handful of recent things and probably see a whole lot of 05+ mustangs. mustangs aren't notorious for the 05+ models. everyone wants an old school fastback model or a shelby. and now to the actual status of the t/a vs the gto. look up barret jackson auto auction. there is a 64 gto(not a judge) with 50k miles that is selling for more than a 79 10th anni with 800 miles. there are alot of people who call trans ams camaros still. they will always be a shadow of a camaro no matter what generation you choose because they were always similar cars and the camaro came out first. i am not playing camaro fanboy over the birds because i just happen to walk upon my car. i wanted a legitimitely quick car and i found the camaro that is why i have the camaro instead of the trans am. i knew they were the same and i saw the birds were more expensive so i went cheaper.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

IMO the New Era GTO looks like this one...
    http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/showc...974/74_00009_1

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

looks awfully familiar to me...

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    movies has nothing to do with status.

YES THEY DO! Movies say much about influence of something in pop culture, the fact is the GTO is only known because it was the first muscle car, as far as status goes it really doesn't have much more going for it other than that. When people think of Trans Am they think of something that inspired them, Nightrider, Smokey and the Bandit, and the GTO really lacks that. Don't get me wrong, I think the GTO is a great car, but the TA has far more status hands down.

white
    2000 Z28

YES THEY DO! Movies say much about influence of something in pop culture, the fact is the GTO is only known because it was the first muscle car, as far as status goes it really doesn't have much more going for it other than that. When people think of Trans Am they think of something that inspired them, Nightrider, Smokey and the Bandit, and the GTO really lacks that. Don't get me wrong, I think the GTO is a great car, but the TA has far more status hands down.
    im sorry man but i dont think muscle cars have anything to do with pop. pop style cars are their own breed as are ricers, lowriders, tuners, etc. pop is more of a flashy flaunt your money kind of thing. when you said pop culture i automatically think of that tool will castro from unique whips on speed channel. what he does for a living is pop, and it could be any kind of car really. it could be a luxury car or an exotic with too much money dumped into it. to me that is what i would consider a pop style car. i bet if anyone watches alot of mid 90s - current kids movies they would see a shitload of grand caravans. those damn things are everywhere. now does that make them legendary? no possible way imo.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    im sorry man but i dont think muscle cars have anything to do with pop. pop style cars are their own breed as are ricers, lowriders, tuners, etc. pop is more of a flashy flaunt your money kind of thing. when you said pop culture i automatically think of that tool will castro from unique whips on speed channel. what he does for a living is pop, and it could be any kind of car really. it could be a luxury car or an exotic with too much money dumped into it. to me that is what i would consider a pop style car. i bet if anyone watches alot of mid 90s - current kids movies they would see a shitload of grand caravans. those damn things are everywhere. now does that make them legendary? no possible way imo.

the discussion isnt bad, but were talking lsx series here guys

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information