Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

WS6 vs GTO

This is a discussion on WS6 vs GTO within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; WS6 for sure. The GTO's are nice because of the LSx's they have, but they are a bit heavier & ...

Junior Member 1 Bad Ass Formula's Avatar

Black
    98 Formula

WS6 for sure. The GTO's are nice because of the LSx's they have, but they are a bit heavier & look like a deluxe Cavalier, they aren't very aggressive looking and the ram air scoops are way too tiny. But because it's powered by an LSx engine you can't go wrong either way.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    gto's look like a grand prix. imo dont look tough at all. and ive romped on them at the track all day. id go as far as saying that i hate gto's. if im worried about how smooth and roomy my sports car is then im getting a sedan. and speaking of sedans, id rather have a G8 over a gto hands down.

i vote ws6
    Damn, go easy there buddy, you're cutting deep.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    I agree on the strip, stock vs stock the 80 horsepower difference is well enough to make up for the disadvantage in weight.
    80?? Those are just ratings...

305-315RWHP for an M6 LS1 WS.6 (give or take).
    335-345RWHP for an M6 LS2 GTO (give or take).

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Damn, go easy there buddy, you're cutting deep.
    i hate that they brought that car back as the "GTO" and replaced the trans am. i dont think is says muscle at all. looks like a grocery getter. i would have loved it if it were called something else. hence why i love the G8's. sorry to be harsh, but i really just dont care for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    80?? Those are just ratings...

305-315RWHP for an M6 LS1 WS.6 (give or take).
    335-345RWHP for an M6 LS2 GTO (give or take).
    The numbers I gave were the factory numbers on the crank, what's wrong with that?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The numbers I gave were the factory numbers on the crank, what's wrong with that?
    Nothing wrong with it....just not all that accurate.

The LS2 GTO is properly rated from GM.
    The LS1 F-Body was under-rated....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Nothing wrong with it....just not all that accurate.

The LS2 GTO is properly rated from GM.
    The LS1 F-Body was under-rated....
    You got a point there.

NBM
    2000 WS6

gto's look like a Cavalier.... dont look tough at all. and ive romped on them at the track all day. id go as far as saying that i hate gto's. if im worried about how smooth and roomy my sports car is then im getting a sedan. and speaking of sedans, id rather have a G8 over a gto hands down.

i vote ws6
    Fixed.......

Just Kidding.............

white
    2000 Z28

i hate that they brought that car back as the "GTO" and replaced the trans am. i dont think is says muscle at all. looks like a grocery getter. i would have loved it if it were called something else. hence why i love the G8's. sorry to be harsh, but i really just dont care for them.
    i like how the gto is a completely different style. personally i dont mind the retro styles as of late but i would rather see some work put into these vehicles. like the former generation changes started from the ground up with designs. they didnt have a general guideline which keeps originality away from the design seeing as they are just modern versions of old cars. the gtos are big by our current standards but they originally were big also with lots of power to be had by both. the only agressive part of the g8s are the hood. outside of that they are sedans still. i like them but i am in a position where i can choose what to get and am not limited by anything other than price. but t/a vs gto i would have to go gto. i like comfort and i dont need anything real flashy.

artic white/black stripes
    97 TA

+1

i have to agree the new gto sickens me for the very same reason. when i look at that vehicle i see more middle class luxury than hard toothed muscle. heck when i pointed out that car to my girl she didnt even realize it packed muscle which imo equals fail ws6 all the way

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Thats a tough choice. A GTO has a superb interior that puts any f-bodies to shame. Very nice leather... just really nice and easy on the eyes. They are very comfy. I would LOVE to have one as a DD. I danced around the idea of buying a GTO when looking for my LSx is was annoying. Nobody really disagrees that the WS6 looks better. It just does. Its really comes down to what you want, and have wanted. Me, personally... I remember when I was 14 and a few months with my learners permit looking in the mirror and seeing a White WS6 and thinking "WOW, that thing looks like it wants to kill my car".

We were doing 35-40 MPH

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

the gto makes a good sleeper for the stop light. Nothing touches the bird though! Ever!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    the gto makes a good sleeper for the stop light. Nothing touches the bird though! Ever!
    And that is why I have both.

Laugh while you can... mistermike's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

gto's look like a grand prix. imo dont look tough at all. and ive romped on them at the track all day. id go as far as saying that i hate gto's. if im worried about how smooth and roomy my sports car is then im getting a sedan. and speaking of sedans, id rather have a G8 over a gto hands down.

i vote ws6

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix05 View Post
    +1

i have to agree the new gto sickens me for the very same reason. when i look at that vehicle i see more middle class luxury than hard toothed muscle. heck when i pointed out that car to my girl she didnt even realize it packed muscle which imo equals fail ws6 all the way
    I would have gotten a Firebird, but it would take me too long to grow a mullet, and I can't afford a can of tail light tint.

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    And that is why I have both.
    now thats what im talking about.

silver
    2002 ws6

02 ws6 vs gto

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Thats a tough choice. A GTO has a superb interior that puts any f-bodies to shame. Very nice leather... just really nice and easy on the eyes. They are very comfy. I would LOVE to have one as a DD. I danced around the idea of buying a GTO when looking for my LSx is was annoying. Nobody really disagrees that the WS6 looks better. It just does. Its really comes down to what you want, and have wanted. Me, personally... I remember when I was 14 and a few months with my learners permit looking in the mirror and seeing a White WS6 and thinking "WOW, that thing looks like it wants to kill my car".

We were doing 35-40 MPH
    I second that, the first time I rode in my friends GTO I was amazed, gorgeous 2 tone red and black interior, more room, even the gauge faces were red, and the speedometer went to 200mph.

Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

Tough choice. WS6 looks better, but with the GTO you get the comfort and performance. Guess I'll have to pick up a GTO some time in my life

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

The WS6 looks a lot better but the interior in the GTO is a lot nicer IMO. If I had to have just 1 car and had a family then I would consider the GTO as I'm sure its a better daily driver. But that's not me right now and I love the ws6 style too much to change for a looong time! And its not like the ws6's interior is bad, I like it.

I do have to admit tho, the GTO does look like a bloated grand am from far away...

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post

02 ws6 vs gto
    That's a Judge gto, not lsx.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information