Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ws6 vs Camaro SS some advice please

This is a discussion on Ws6 vs Camaro SS some advice please within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; yea good luck with the insurance thing until your about 25. even if you have a good record. You should ...

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

yea good luck with the insurance thing until your about 25. even if you have a good record. You should already know that insurance is high with the current car that you have. take how much you pay right now and double it. I wouldn't even look at a car with that much HP until I was 21. Now at 27 and married i finally got one and insuance is great. Full coverage(250 deduct) on 2 cars one a 06 mazda and 99 T/A with two drivers on it(married) --- 157 a month. When i was sixteen i had a 94 celica and that was a little over 400 a month. granted i had a ticket...mabye two... but if i hadn't had the car paid for i would have been able to afford the gas to drive it.

So just log onto your insurance site and get a free quote... if your insurance guys don't have online goto one that does. Prgressive...and Giego will give you free quotes online. that way you don't have to feel pressured by some yahoo trying to push his coverage on you. Factor in the increase in gas usage. If all you do is city drving/cuising... watch out for those pump prices. even though prices have fallen hey will eventually go back-up. I don't know what your currnt finacial situation is so this my not be a big deal to you. But i estimate that you are the average teenage guy out there that has to actually work for things that he want verse have a silver spoon in your mouth.

Also think of this, and i know it hard. But when you get out of high school are yo uever going to care or think about these jokers that are talking all the smack? After high school graduation EVERYTHING changes. no more little "clicks/gruops" that you have to watch out for or stupid stuff like don't talk to that person and if you do you lose a freind for what ever stupid reason out there. Basically be sure to buy this car for yourself not for your image. G/L though and I am sure that everyone here will be more than happy to help you out in anyway that we can.

"image is nothing thirst is everything...obey your thirst"
    - Confucious(i think)

You guys act like i don't deserver something i plan to work my ass off for. my mom cant afford to pay for it or even help me, or im sure she would. if i work and pay for my ws6 myself i think i deserve to drive it. yes i have thought about not being able to afford it. I am waiting till i have extra money in the bank and then taking a loan... i wont get one if i think i cant afford it. and also saying im not mature enough to have one? thats bullshit i work my ass off helping my mom out, i am sure i am mature enough to drive one. if i pay for it myself i will treat it like my baby no rain,snow,anything bad on it. i also work my ass off in school for the most part trying to get good student rates on my insurence it helps me by 30%. i pay for everything, and im sure i can handle a v8, yes i know its alot of power, and i will learn when to use it and when not to. i will be disiplined and safe.... is there no one that sides with me on this???? if so speak up please

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

I think you mis-read our concern for another person for critisism.

2000pontiac6

Dont get so offended you are getting ahead of yourself... asking if you can take on certain cars before you even have it and already posting new threads about what mods to do...

"You guys act like i don't deserver something i plan to work my ass off for. my mom cant afford to pay for it or even help me, or im sure she would. if i work and pay for my ws6 myself i think i deserve to drive it."

-I dont think anyone said you dont deserve it.

"yes i have thought about not being able to afford it. I am waiting till i have extra money in the bank and then taking a loan... i wont get one if i think i cant afford it. and also saying im not mature enough to have one? thats bullshit i work my ass off helping my mom out, i am sure i am mature enough to drive one."

-You dont have to be mature to work your ass off and that bullshit comment was not too mature we're only trying to help.

"if i pay for it myself i will treat it like my baby no rain,snow,anything bad on it. i also work my ass off in school for the most part trying to get good student rates on my insurence it helps me by 30%. i pay for everything, and im sure i can handle a v8, yes i know its alot of power, and i will learn when to use it and when not to."

-I'm not disagreeing with you at all but just wondering have you test driven one or been for a ride in one?

"i will be disiplined and safe.... is there no one that sides with me on this???? if so speak up please"

-You seem to think we're all out to get you on this... seriously i was almost in the same boat as you a couple year back and it seemed that way to me too but I for one am not saying you cant handle it just dont jump the gun on everything and dont underestimate the cars power.

White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Yeah, I think that's all anyone is trying to say is just be safe and be careful, and understand what you're getting into. The thing is, no one here really knows you so what everyone is judging on is the sterotypical 16-year-old. The average person your age is going to be the one who will kill himself by running into a tree or maim someone because he got pissed and took it out on the throttle, like someone else said.

I'll tell you something else, too. I had a V6 Firebird before I had my WS6. My ex-brother had a Trans Am (V8) and I drove it once to move it out of his driveway, and when I tapped on the gas it literally surprised me how much of a difference it was. My first thought was "wow, how can anyone have this much power and really be in control of it?" By the way I was 24 at the time. It was a few months later when I got my WS6 and when I test drove that one, it didn't seem to bother me as much and of course I got used to it. But it is quite a difference.

The best thing to do (if you can) is take one for a test drive. Don't think about how much fun it's going to be, think about being certain that you will be able to keep it under control and keep it at safe speeds. You can't let it tempt you into doing something stupid because that's when really bad things happen.

When you're that age, it seems like pretty much everyone older than you is trying to "give you a lesson" or "make you understand" something or tells you you aren't old enough for whatever. It's not that people are trying to keep you from having fun and experience things, the thing is people are just concerned and they're trying to keep you safe. Most things in life are best learned by first hand experience, but some experiences you really don't want, like being involved in a horrible car accident, or worse, being responsible for it.

Also, before you even start looking at cars, do like it was suggested, go see how much car insurance will be because I promise it will be really high. Figure that into your budget and then see how much you'll have for car payments.

EDIT: Yeah, I did forget about the age limit on tracks.. so much for that idea...

I have been in some cars with some power but nothing like a trans am ws6, well i take that back... i have been in a couple big domestic musucle cars, but never really been in one when it was driven hard. i am also bad at stick ( no car to pratice in and really no way to learn) when i get a ws6 i want an
    m6 of. Before i buy one i will of corse test drive it, but i need to learn stick( guess i have to talk one of my buddys into leting me drive theirs ) Another thing is i do have a firebird with around 180 hp... it fast but yes i know its not anything close. I'd say we have covered everything there is to talk about this subject.. well what really pissed me off was when this 2000pontiac6 said

"Dont get so offended you are getting ahead of yourself... asking if you can take on certain cars before you even have it and already posting new threads about what mods to do..."

i want to learn as much about the car as i can before i buy one... wtf is wrong with makeing a thread about mods on it? and seeing how it hold up agienst other cars. i want as much information on a ws6/ss as i can before i invest... damn some people jk i love u

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

If you wreck it we will hunt you down and kill you!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

x2 hahaha

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

and you'll be banned from this site and forced to drive a normally aspirated 4door 4cylinder car for the rest of your life!

2000 Pontiac Trans-am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by romulo13 View Post
    My parents bought my V6 firebird at 18, I had until I was 22 when I got out of college and was able to pay for a 01 WS6 on my own. Then my father passed away and even at twenty two I was not mature enough to deal with a tragedy like that, so I started drinking heavily and ended up in a bayou a few blocks from my house. I flew twenty feet down at about ninety miles per hour. Shattered my rims because I was lucky enough to clear the water and land on the other side on all for tires. Pure luck. Totaled vehicle.
    You can say whatever you want about maturity today, but it is not until you have a bad day and want to let out some anger, before you know how mature you really are. Fail a test, unload on the TA, Girl problems unload on the TA, Parent problems, unload on the TA, Job sucks, unload on the TA. Kill someone in the TA, unload on yourself the rest of your life. Too much power for the age.
    Thanks bro for sharing that story. We've all left alot of heartfelt experiences and globs of good advice for the young buck. I haven't seen a response from him in quite a while on this post but TransDreamer if your still reading what we have to say it all boils down to everyone wanting you to stay safe. You're not going to find better friends than the outpour of concern I've seen for your well being on this forum. There are some seriously cool SOB's on this site.

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I agree with what has been said before. The difference between a firebird and a trans am ws6 to me is pretty much like learning to drive. Keeping it between the lines and all that good stuff. Im 16 and was at the school one day after football practice with mom and 3 friends came over to look at my car and was like dang thats nice. What that says is they appreciate what it looks like.. U dont have to be faster than everybody just knowing that people like trans ams and respect the looks makes me not have the need to go fast. ! has a 93 mustang v6 he talks trash all the time in a joking manner but he knows id whoop him.. these cars speak for theirselves. As I was pulling away 1 of my friends yelled spin it! at first i thought of mom being there.. and secondly i thought of the car. Take care of her (the car) and she'll take care of u.

And be extremely careful if u get one.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Hello. I am in the same situation. I am 18 and I own a 1989 Ford Bronco II. I am also looking to buy a car. I have considered the LS1 Camaro and the Subaru WRX/STi. I'm not looking for speed as much as I am looks, but I am avid on a manual transmission. Any suggestions as to what I should go for?

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Drive them both and see what you like better.

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by TransDreamer View Post
    I'd say we have covered everything there is to talk about this subject.. well what really pissed me off was when this 2000pontiac6 said

"Dont get so offended you are getting ahead of yourself... asking if you can take on certain cars before you even have it and already posting new threads about what mods to do..."

i want to learn as much about the car as i can before i buy one... wtf is wrong with makeing a thread about mods on it? and seeing how it hold up agienst other cars. i want as much information on a ws6/ss as i can before i invest... damn some people jk i love u
    Asking about mods and what cars you can take on arent exactly learning about the car you want... but hey i'm sure anyone would be interested but that is why there is the search button. Idk I guess I just wasnt in a good mood when i read u wanted to make a fast car faster before you've even been in one let alone driven one. I dont mean to offend you just stating my opinion.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

What would a fair price for a ws6/ss be with around 40k miles on it in good mechanical condition in New Jersey?

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I don't think the OP was wrong for wanting to know about mods and how a TA would compare. That's one of the first things I do when I go car shopping. I considered a 03 Mach1, SRT4, STI, EVOVIII, C5 Z06 & a couple of others. My decision came down to price, insurace cost, cost and benifit of mods and how they stacked up against other cars. If his sole intention is to beat someone he knows then yeah that's stupid, but everyone needs to live and learn. He sounds a bit competetive, but not to bad seeing he didn't flip out to bad like some others have when givin this kind of advice. If he's his own person and doesn't crush on peer presure then he shouldn't have a problem. We don't know him personaly so I hope he makes a wise choice and is carful with it. Kids kill people driving them high powered Hondu's too. The ones I see wreck the most often are the grand-am driving teens that think they hot shit because they think they are trendy and cool. The one that carries the big stick doesn't need to use it to prove anything. Good luck and don't kill anyone or your going to make me look like an idiot.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    What would a fair price for a ws6/ss be with around 40k miles on it in good mechanical condition in New Jersey?
    Go to kbb.com and cars.com and search around. There is a forsale section on this site that may have something also.

Me and my friend are working to buy new cars. He is looking into a RSX type-s
    and i want an F-body camaro ss or a trans am ws6. the reason i ask so much about mods and the reason i want to find out so much about the car is i want to know how fast i can make it. i understand i dont realize how fast it is now, but when comparing track times i know what i have to compete with. i want to be able to race lots of cars ( in the future, i understand i need to learn how to drive it safe and learn to controll it first...) and have my ws6/ss hold up against others. i want to know if i should look into something else if these cars arent good against an wrx sti, evo, and 350z and other fast cars.

Whats the point in buying a 320hp stock ws6 and not racing it or driving fast? you guys act like you have these sweet cars and pick up your kids from school with them like a mini-van. I want a fast car.

I want to race in the future at the track.... and off the track, and i want a fast car that i can compete with the best.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

They can do it. They can be modded cheaper and be faster than most cars out there. I looked at a RSX-S also and Laughed my ass off when I drove it and the dealer was like do you feel the vtech kick in. How about all the power this thing has, and I was like I didn't feel nothing yet. It would have costed about another 15 grand to make that thing any where near F-body performance. With a modded suspension in a F-bod the RSX-S will not out handle it even it is modded. Yes it feels lighter and is more twitchy, but that doesn't make it handle better. I couldn't find anything better with everything I considered when I bought mine. You need to consider what you want to use the car for in your future. If you want to drag race you can't beat one. If you want to auto cross maybe your better with a STI or EVO. I thought the 350Z was very limited on it's capabilities when I looked into one considering it's price. It seem ok at everything and not really good at anything other than looking good.

sped
    I feel bad about this, but I really don't think that it would be a good idea to buy this car. I understand you have to be a little irritated because you're trying to talk about these cars and everyone is just preaching about safety, but it's all with good intention, and I almost posted this to support you however.... you said somethings that made me change my mind. I think you're full of it when you say you want to keep the racing on the track because people here are trying to talk about safety and you're just concerned about if you're going to be able to beat mr. richie rich spoiled ass suckin on mommas titties fuckwipe son of a bitch and his wrx. I just think it sounds like a situation of wanting the car for the way wrong reasons. However, we're all just little paragraphs of text on a screen, we don't know you. Only you know how responsible you are. Believe me though, we're not very far apart in age and I've got an lt1 that's pretty much as fast as an ls1 and I can't do anything without my friends and just random people trying to get me to do dumb shit. And it is as tempting as beer and pussy, however you have to be responsible and just say no. And if you do dumb shit you sure as hell better be in control and not go fucking up someone else and/or their shit because you couldn't control your car.

Remember, the coyotes acme rocket only kept up with the road runner for as long as he didn't crash it into the side of a cliff. And I honestly think you sound like a roadrunner trying to get your hands on a big ass acme rocket.

To answer your original question, I'm slightly partial to the WS6 over the SS for exterior and interior looks. Only slightly though. Best of luck to ya with whatever you decide.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information