Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

WS6 vs C6 Vette

This is a discussion on WS6 vs C6 Vette within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 00z28bubba be sure to get the proper supporting mods to make sure everything is in order. if ...

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    be sure to get the proper supporting mods to make sure everything is in order. if so over 400 to the wheels is more than possible. n/a builds make lots of power quick. but the work is sometimes a pain. but you have a builder so it shouldnt be bad.
    we'll do man... the guy putting it together has had his own buisness for the last 11 years and has built some world recognized engines. I was surprised to be honest.

My hope is that he realizes I don't want a full race car. I told him over and over the words daily driver and that if possible to keep it mild enough I could almost pose it as a sleeper. the cam I'm looking at is more aggressive than a stock LS6, but not quite a 224/224. But we'll just have to see once he gets done what numbers I put up. I'm waiting till after the holiday crap to make sure I still have enough money to buy gifts and junk. I find it hard to believe that I'll get these kind of gains out of a mild H/C package.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    we'll do man... the guy putting it together has had his own buisness for the last 11 years and has built some world recognized engines. I was surprised to be honest.

My hope is that he realizes I don't want a full race car. I told him over and over the words daily driver and that if possible to keep it mild enough I could almost pose it as a sleeper. the cam I'm looking at is more aggressive than a stock LS6, but not quite a 224/224. But we'll just have to see once he gets done what numbers I put up. I'm waiting till after the holiday crap to make sure I still have enough money to buy gifts and junk. I find it hard to believe that I'll get these kind of gains out of a mild H/C package.
    wow not even a 224 huh? i would assume a 224 on a 114 lsa would make it pretty tame at idle. but hey i that just really depends on your idea of mild i guess.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

A local from my area made 392rwhp from a 224 cam and stock 243 heads. Great heads and small cam=decent gains, big cam and crummy heads doesn't do jack.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

mmmm can't he done with all of that... you guys have to be joking right???? it's all about the setup... if you do the set up just right you can take a stock Vette in the 1/4 any day of the week if you want.... here is a LS1 that has stock heads, stock 10bolt with 3.23 gears and that is in the 10's.... oooo but wait you can't do that right beause you haven't done it before doesn't mean that it can't be done.. just incase if you don't know.... the setup is were it is at/combo.... oooo and a link to the car that I was talking about.... enjoy....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKAo7FRk-Ro[/ame]

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    wow not even a 224 huh? i would assume a 224 on a 114 lsa would make it pretty tame at idle. but hey i that just really depends on your idea of mild i guess.
    now people have been telling me if i get a cam with a 114-116 lsa (which I assume means: lobe separation angle) I won't notice a rough idle. now this guy told me their cams have a 108 degree lobe center.

I'm not sure if he was talking about the Lsa or what. his mild cam is a 218/226, so since I'm not getting a torque converter just yet I should be alright with this cam and my Ported and polished Patriot stage II heads. I am gonna have them put my long tubes on while they do the head swap and since they're gonna dyno & tune the car I'm gonna get my 3.73 gears put in as well.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    A local from my area made 392rwhp from a 224 cam and stock 243 heads. Great heads and small cam=decent gains, big cam and crummy heads doesn't do jack.
    so I've been told that these cam/head swaps make a huge difference. I'm just not familiar with all the tech shit behind it all. I know with the wrong combo you can actually go backwards...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

now people have been telling me if i get a cam with a 114-116 lsa (which I assume means: lobe separation angle) I won't notice a rough idle. now this guy told me their cams have a 108 degree lobe center.

I'm not sure if he was talking about the Lsa or what. his mild cam is a 218/226, so since I'm not getting a torque converter just yet I should be alright with this cam and my Ported and polished Patriot stage II heads. I am gonna have them put my long tubes on while they do the head swap and since they're gonna dyno & tune the car I'm gonna get my 3.73 gears put in as well.
    Sounds real close to the slp cam if it has the 115lsa.

Black
    1995 Camaro

A quarter mile drag race is won and lost in the first 60 feet. You need gear, launch and good drag radials or et streets and drive it like you stole it.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Sounds real close to the slp cam if it has the 115lsa.
    yeah but thats what I mean... I have no idea what the lsa is. I want to say if its the number under lobe center on his chart its 108. they custom grind these things, so I guess I'll just put my 2 cents in.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

yeah but thats what I mean... I have no idea what the lsa is. I want to say if its the number under lobe center on his chart its 108. they custom grind these things, so I guess I'll just put my 2 cents in.
    Since you're keeping your stock stall there is no way in hell it will be a 108lsa. 114 would/should be the smallest.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by crshls View Post
    A quarter mile drag race is won and lost in the first 60 feet. You need gear, launch and good drag radials or et streets and drive it like you stole it.
    lol yeah... I know. I don't drag much, but I know. thats why I'm changing my gears and I put performance tires on my car, but its my daily driver. therefore I can't put tooo low a gear and I can't just run around on slicks/drag radials. this is purely a friendly "my car is better than yours" match. both me and my oppenent never go out to the strip. this will be her first time and my third (first time in this car).

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Since you're keeping your stock stall there is no way in hell it will be a 108lsa. 114 would/should be the smallest.
    thats what I think too. If I tell him that Im staying with the stock stall he should grind the thing between a 114-116 lsa

Black
    1995 Camaro

I have a 9" rearend with full spool and 4.88 gears, it's my daily driver 10 mpg, Bfg makes a real nice drag radial but they'll only last about 1 season on the street

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by crshls View Post
    I have a 9" rearend with full spool and 4.88 gears, it's my daily driver 10 mpg, Bfg makes a real nice drag radial but they'll only last about 1 season on the street
    lol yeah 10mpg won't work for me. I tend to do a lot of interstate travel too. 3.73 is my max. It definitely sounds like you have a bullet proof race car.

Black
    1995 Camaro

almost bullet proof, It's in my garage right now waiting for a tranny rebuild I have a t 56 that is stuck in fourth gear. too many 4000 rpm launches i guess. I only tend to drive back and forth to town occasionally and 10 miles to the strip. A 3.73 gear is a nice all around gear.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information