Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

WS6 vs C6 Vette

This is a discussion on WS6 vs C6 Vette within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; lol...this thread is full of win!...

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

lol...this thread is full of win!

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by NvyBluMtlc02WS6 View Post
    I raced a C6 from about a 45 roll. I got the jump and he couldn't catch me. I have an M6, so I think the lower gearing helped out when I shifted to second. I didn't pull on him, but he wasn't gaining either. The only mods done to my car are the FRA, a K&N airfilter, and the throttle body bypass. Other than that, I'm completely stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Sorry, not buying your story. with the mods you have you could not run with a c6....... not from a roll either. I would say he didn't really try too hard.
    That's all that happens to me, either they kick my ass or they weren't trying, which is even more frustrating.

I have only had one victory against a C6, because he missed 3rd, but that doesn't make my car faster, only makes me a better driver than him.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    That's all that happens to me, either they kick my ass or they weren't trying, which is even more frustrating.

I have only had one victory against a C6, because he missed 3rd, but that doesn't make my car faster, only makes me a better driver than him.
    Yes and No. The fact that he missed 3rd gear made you the victor in that race but does not definitively make you the better driver. He could have technically been the better driver but made a mistake in that particular race which made you the better driver is THAT race. My automatic never misses a gear.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yes and No. The fact that he missed 3rd gear made you the victor in that race but does not definitively make you the better driver. He could have technically been the better driver but made a mistake in that particular race which made you the better driver is THAT race. My automatic never misses a gear.
    Lets not start another my automatic never misses a gear but is boring as hell thread.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lets not start another my automatic never misses a gear but is boring as hell thread.
    sssshhhh

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

What about an LS2 C6 coupe?

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    LS3 right?

You'd be right there with bolt on's, tune, intake manifold, gears, sticky tires etc. def. won't get beat by too much, But the vette will probably edge ya out at higher speeds because of the aerodynamics.
    Thanks! So I would probably definitely run right with an LS2 vette right? I'm asking LS3 because its got more power, so better safe than sorry

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    Thanks! So I would probably definitely run right with an LS2 vette right? I'm asking LS3 because its got more power, so better safe than sorry
    you can not out run any c6, be it base ls2, ls3,lt3 and so on. put nos on your car...then you will be there.....until your engin blows.

Arctic White, red/gray

you can not out run any c6, be it base ls2, ls3,lt3 and so on. put nos on your car...then you will be there.....until your engin blows.
    What you need to out run a base c6 is a 1/4mile time better than 12.5 and a trap speed better than 115mph. Lets get away from mods and power and blah blah because when it all comes down to it its your times that matter. And those are the times you would need, how you get there is up to you, cam, NOS, stall and supporting mods, supercharger w/e route you take you need to get better times than a 12.5 @ 115mph.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    What you need to out run a base c6 is a 1/4mile time better than 12.5 and a trap speed better than 115mph. Lets get away from mods and power and blah blah because when it all comes down to it its your times that matter. And those are the times you would need, how you get there is up to you, cam, NOS, stall and supporting mods, supercharger w/e route you take you need to get better times than a 12.5 @ 115mph.

True statement Zinergy, you have broken it down to itís simplest form. It just seems like the OP is not hearing that is being said. It takes mods, one extreme or many little mods to get a WS6 to run a 12.5 second quarter mile. Once you get it there other parts will fail if not upgraded. The cars are worlds part in many ways.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

True statement Zinergy, you have broken it down to itís simplest form. It just seems like the OP is not hearing that is being said. It takes mods, one extreme or many little mods to get a WS6 to run a 12.5 second quarter mile. Once you get it there other parts will fail if not upgraded. The cars are worlds part in many ways.
    lol I'm listening. I think I'm goin to end up sucking it up and gettin a head cam package. I'm going extremely mild though. our cams like a 200/204 and I think I'm going with a 212/218 and patriot stage II heads

My friends mom has an LS2 C6 vette and she seems to thing its god. I told her I'm sure my car could run with hers with simple bolt ons. She's been out to the 1/4 and the fastest shes laid down is a 12.9. Thats what I'm trying to beat.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    lol I'm listening. I think I'm goin to end up sucking it up and gettin a head cam package. I'm going extremely mild though. our cams like a 200/204 and I think I'm going with a 212/218 and patriot stage II heads

My friends mom has an LS2 C6 vette and she seems to thing its god. I told her I'm sure my car could run with hers with simple bolt ons. She's been out to the 1/4 and the fastest shes laid down is a 12.9. Thats what I'm trying to beat.
    If that's your goal, to beat your friends mom who can't get better than a 12.9you can do it with bolt-ons and a stall. just hope her driving skills don't improve.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Talking

If that's your goal, to beat your friends mom who can't get better than a 12.9you can do it with bolt-ons and a stall. just hope her driving skills don't improve.
    lol yeah we'll see. I think the best time I've seen one hit in magazines is a 12.6 and I don't see her getting any mods anytime soon. I just bought my heads... got a deal (800 even) and they're milled Patriot Stage II LS1 heads

Arctic White, red/gray

Nice, get a good cam and supporting mods and you can make 400whp and def beat that vette.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

haha thats the mission

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

well, your on your way! good luck and keep us in the loop.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Thanks! we'll do. Thanks for everyones opinion

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by heavychevyrider View Post
    Man look it is a 9 sec impala ss with a 383 supercharge lt-1 on you tube. this car is extremely big and moving down the track. this is the html code below

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ryQfnV3M3pk"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ryQfnV3M3pk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
    the op is talking about bolt ons. your going into built motor with power adder. the kid never mentioned anything beyond bolt ons, for this race at least. his maggie s/c comment sounds like a distant future not anywhere soon.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    the op is talking about bolt ons. your going into built motor with power adder. the kid never mentioned anything beyond bolt ons, for this race at least. his maggie s/c comment sounds like a distant future not anywhere soon.
    yeah man... the maggy was and still is. I've decided since there was a lot of mixed opinions and a certain amount of uncertainty with bolt ons that I'm going to go with a mild head cam swap. enough that the guy thats going to build it said I should be looking at being somewhere around 460bhp.

Well see if it'll be enough

white
    2000 Z28

be sure to get the proper supporting mods to make sure everything is in order. if so over 400 to the wheels is more than possible. n/a builds make lots of power quick. but the work is sometimes a pain. but you have a builder so it shouldnt be bad.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information