Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

WS6 vs C6 Vette

This is a discussion on WS6 vs C6 Vette within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Zinergy Agreed, the vette should win. You wanna know how to win this is how. 3800rpm stall, ...

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Agreed, the vette should win. You wanna know how to win this is how. 3800rpm stall, 3.73s, et streets, full bolt ons and you can go low 12s and trap about the same.
    note, sorry, not trying to be mean Zinergy but it isn't happening.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by MYSCZ06 View Post
    no...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    note, sorry, not trying to be mean Zinergy but it isn't happening.
    People have gone low 12s in a bolt on, stalled, gears and et streets before. That should be fast enough to take a stock c6 in the quarter. People on this forum have done it in a coplue f-bodys with the longblock still stock.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-19-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Before this turns into 2 pages if you absolutely must drop money into rockers get 1.7's that way if you ever stray from stock you won't have to trash the aftermarkets.
    wouldn't larger ones give you more gain? A guy from SLP recommended the 1.85 along with their spring and retainer package. it totalled about $1100.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    dont forget about your drive train either, you need to upgrade that rear end and drive shaft. But always remember naturally aspirated cars are more reliable then forced induction cars. And from what I have seen on here and tech and other places I would forget about a maf that wont do squat for you anyhow just be money wasted. And imo I would just get a good set of heads and cam and maybe get a lsx intake and later most likely all you would have to do when you get a supercharger is build the bottom end switch out the cam and maybe lower the compression a little bit. Thats the way I would go I maybe incorrect on some of these. Dont forget if you cant push to much psi before you have to resleeve the block to.
    I'm only going to be looking at around 7-8 psi which I don't think is too bad. I know N/A cars are more reliable, but as long as I don't get too crazy with the boost and I keep my compression down I think I'll be fine. Thats why I worry about mixing a H/C package with a S/C. I'm afraid It'll make the motor a lil too unstable for my liking

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

People have gone low 12s in a bolt on, stalled, gears and et streets before. That should be fast enough to take a stock c6 in the quarter. People on this forum have done it in a coplue f-bodys with the longblock still stock.
    I agree. thanks Zinergy. I wonder how much the et streets make a difference cause right now I have new Firestone Firehawk WO on stock tread width and launching at 1500 RPMS on my auto with the full 3" exhaust, and air lid, the tires break loose. If I put a big stall like that in my car and do the rest of the mods I feel like I won't have traction for days...

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Does anyone think I have a better chance with a 2010 Cady CTS V. I'm currently going Green to Gold (enlisted-officer) in the army and a buddy of mine from highschool just graduated from the airforce academy and cross branched army. he bought a new CTS-v with his new 2LT pay and seems to think it'll whoop my T/A. Its a 4 door family car!!!!

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    Does anyone think I have a better chance with a 2010 Cady CTS V. I'm currently going Green to Gold (enlisted-officer) in the army and a buddy of mine from highschool just graduated from the airforce academy and cross branched army. he bought a new CTS-v with his new 2LT pay and seems to think it'll whoop my T/A. Its a 4 door family car!!!!
    Lol, the new cts-v is a 550hp supercharged v8. Its a low 12 second car on stock rubber and an 11 second car with some sticky tires. It also traps almost 120mph so dont expect to win fro am roll either. The new CTS-v is a beast and much more impressive imo than a base c6.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Lol, the new cts-v is a 550hp supercharged v8. Its a low 12 second car on stock rubber and an 11 second car with some sticky tires. It also traps almost 120mph so dont expect to win fro am roll either. The new CTS-v is a beast and much more impressive imo than a base c6.
    +1, the numbers never fib

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

thats retarded! why would you need? ....thats ridiculous.

Arctic White, red/gray

thats retarded! why would you need? ....thats ridiculous.
    Why cant you have fun in a sedan? BMW, GM, lots of AMG sedans, audi, pontiac, evo, subaru, holden, lexus, porsche, maserati, aston martin all make high performance sedans for a reason. Some people need fun and room/comfort/useability all in one. If your friend really is buying a 60k luxury sport sedan look out. The car may weigh 4100lbs but it does the ring in less than 8 seconds making it the fastest factory sedan around that track the and can tear it up on the drag track right before you go to a whose got more money party.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-19-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Speed is fun...that's the need. when I had my WS6 (with mods) I got my ass kicked in the 1/4 by a PT cruser. I ran 13.0 he ran 12.4. wasn't even lose. I watched a lawn mower run a 35.6 last last summer....how retarded is that?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

You do know a 99 is a ls1 vette with 350hp and the new c6 vette has a ls3 with 430hp, an automatic c6 base vette with the ls3 is still a mid 12 second car and no stock m6 or a4 f-body can do that.
    Whoops I got my 'Vette generations confused You're right, OP I don't think you can take any variation of the C6. But, still race and feel the adrenaline!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah, I hear ya!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

wouldn't larger ones give you more gain? A guy from SLP recommended the 1.85 along with their spring and retainer package. it totalled about $1100.
    It throws off the geometry if you decide to put a cam in. Damn you'll be lucky to see 10rwhp out of that and I mean lucky, you could get everything you need for a cam swap for $1100 and if you feel adament about a blower get a blower cam.

Orange
    1995 Caprice

Hey man alot of these guys dont know what they are talking about. They know bits and pieces but, I know a old guy who has a large chevy caprice with a 110k on it with a topend package with 373 gears and running 12s with a full size car. the motor is an LT-1 and supposely ls1 is better so I dont know why you cant piss on that vette.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Just read a few of your posts you could also get some really nicely ported 317 heads to bring down the compression and up the flow.

As for the cts-v
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXHOm-WIv3Y[/ame]

had to do it.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by heavychevyrider View Post
    Hey man alot of these guys dont know what they are talking about. They know bits and pieces but, I know a old guy who has a large chevy caprice with a 110k on it with a topend package with 373 gears and running 12s with a full size car. the motor is an LT-1 and supposely ls1 is better so I dont know why you cant piss on that vette.
    ls-3 ls1
    430hp 325
    3200lbs 3600lbs

op also said without any h/c/i and you just referred to a top end kit.
    Bits and pieces huh?

Orange
    1995 Caprice

Man look it is a 9 sec impala ss with a 383 supercharge lt-1 on you tube. this car is extremely big and moving down the track. this is the html code below

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ryQfnV3M3pk"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ryQfnV3M3pk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Orange
    1995 Caprice

And far as the dude that called me a monkey I got 12 Gs. that say my caprice will piss on you any day quire! I'll meet you anywhere.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information