Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WS6 vs C6 Vette

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

WS6 vs C6 Vette

Can I run with one in my WS6 w/out forced induction, nitrous, or H/C/I mods?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

depends on how you plan on running i think. Maybe in the quarter with some serious gears, stall (if your A4), tires, all bolt ons and a tune assuming its not a z06 or zr1. You're talking about a car with a lot less weight, better aero, and more ponies. Anyone else?

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

no...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So basically no mods
    sure

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yes you can hang with one. If you're an M6, and he's an AT with the stock 3.08 gears, it's a drivers race, but you should win most of the time. My buddy had this setup with his '99, he never beat me, he was always mad that I had my best times at the dragstrip and he did too, but still a tick or so behind me and 1-3 MPH slower. If you are a non-stalled AT car, especially with 2.73 gears, it will be opposite my experience. Just run hime and have fun, good luck!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Yes you can hang with one. If you're an M6, and he's an AT with the stock 3.08 gears, it's a drivers race, but you should win most of the time. My buddy had this setup with his '99, he never beat me, he was always mad that I had my best times at the dragstrip and he did too, but still a tick or so behind me and 1-3 MPH slower. If you are a non-stalled AT car, especially with 2.73 gears, it will be opposite my experience. Just run hime and have fun, good luck!
    You do know a 99 is a ls1 vette with 350hp and the new c6 vette has a ls3 with 430hp, an automatic c6 base vette with the ls3 is still a mid 12 second car and no stock m6 or a4 f-body can do that.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    depends on how you plan on running i think. Maybe in the quarter with some serious gears, stall (if your A4), tires, all bolt ons and a tune assuming its not a z06 or zr1. You're talking about a car with a lot less weight, better aero, and more ponies. Anyone else?
    Yes I'm talking about a base auto C6 no mods w/ a LS3. I'm looking at 3.73 gears, headers, full 3" exhaust, LID, 85mm MAF sensor, 1.85 ratio rocker arms, and a tune. my tires are stock width and no stall (I do have an A4). I'm looking at about 400bhp

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    Yes I'm talking about a base auto C6 no mods w/ a LS3. I'm looking at 3.73 gears, headers, full 3" exhaust, LID, 85mm MAF sensor, 1.85 ratio rocker arms, and a tune. my tires are stock width and no stall (I do have an A4). I'm looking at about 400bhp
    The gears will make it interesting but the advantage is to the c6. More power 440hp, wider tires, better drivetrain, less weight, better aero.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

I still don't think a full exhaust and tune will get you at 400 hp even with the rockers You're gonna need a stall and a good set of tires if you're gonna hang in the quarter. Anything after that and he will pull on you. You might wanna think about steeper gears too if 1/4 mi is your goal. But like I said it's gonna be tough without other mods especially if you plan on running one on the highway or road course.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The gears will make it interesting but the advantage is to the c6. More power 440hp, wider tires, better drivetrain, less weight, better aero.
    Thanks! My goal is to at least get my car competitive with one. the only person I know that has one has a LS2 C6. I've been told the LS3 vettes are way ahead of the LS2 vettes, but I don't have any of these mods installed on my WS6 yet to even try buddies car. I've been stock piling parts. I figured if I do it all at one time it will be more rewarding. I've been trying to avoid H/C packages in the event I decide to put a Magnuson Supercharger on my car, so I was hoping all these parts will put me there.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

I still don't think a full exhaust and tune will get you at 400 hp even with the rockers You're gonna need a stall and a good set of tires if you're gonna hang in the quarter. Anything after that and he will pull on you. You might wanna think about steeper gears too if 1/4 mi is your goal. But like I said it's gonna be tough without other mods especially if you plan on running one on the highway or road course.
    1/4 is my goal, but I want to keep it streetable, so with an A4 steeper gears are out of the question. the est hp was based off the local hph who have done mods like this before on t/a's. the only thing I'm missing on that list is an LS6 intake swap they typically do along with everything else. Since mine is an 02 the factory say I already have that. Down the road I also plan do the BMR handling package and maybe a Magnusson roots type supercharger, so I'm trying to stay away from N2O, H/C/I packages ect. my goal is to still make this car a daily driver if i have to
    Last edited by AKA Speedy; 11-19-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

That's true you do have an ls6 intake but a those mods won't get you to 400 at the crank let alone the wheels. I don't know too much about the more agressive rockers. I know they increase lift but I don't know what kinda hp it adds. I think if those mods made that hp more people would do those easier inexpensive mods than forego a h/c swap. If you're not doing more gear just make sure you get a stall

Arctic White, red/gray

I put down 357whp in my 2000T/A with headers, exhaust, lid and a tune. Thats 400crank hp right there.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Okay you got me on that one. Still ain't at the wheels like the goal is. We are not talking about bench racing either. With the lesser wait, better aero, and larger power band there needs to be more power or better suspension or killer 60' times

Arctic White, red/gray

Okay you got me on that one. Still ain't at the wheels like the goal is. We are not talking about bench racing either. With the lesser wait, better aero, and larger power band there needs to be more power or better suspension or killer 60' times
    Agreed, the vette should win. You wanna know how to win this is how. 3800rpm stall, 3.73s, et streets, full bolt ons and you can go low 12s and trap about the same.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

dont forget about your drive train either, you need to upgrade that rear end and drive shaft. But always remember naturally aspirated cars are more reliable then forced induction cars. And from what I have seen on here and tech and other places I would forget about a maf that wont do squat for you anyhow just be money wasted. And imo I would just get a good set of heads and cam and maybe get a lsx intake and later most likely all you would have to do when you get a supercharger is build the bottom end switch out the cam and maybe lower the compression a little bit. Thats the way I would go I maybe incorrect on some of these. Dont forget if you cant push to much psi before you have to resleeve the block to.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Before this turns into 2 pages if you absolutely must drop money into rockers get 1.7's that way if you ever stray from stock you won't have to trash the aftermarkets.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

No offence but not a chance, I did all the mods you’re speaking of and never hit the times my c6 has done stock. Think about it 34K vs. 54K….. you must be getting something of a performance up grade for 20K……more than just creature comfort.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

not even with these mods.....been there, done that.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information