Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

WS6 plastic model on ebay

This is a discussion on WS6 plastic model on ebay within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by dipherentdesign i say no to the americana one...kinda cheezy. definatly dig the red/white though! I didn't realize ...

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i say no to the americana one...kinda cheezy. definatly dig the red/white though!
    I didn't realize the colors where "americana" but now that you mention it I would not use those colors even though the white is actually going to be silver. And after playing a little more I came up with more ideas but still lean towards #1

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

#3 or #4. The white areas are silver, dark gray will be pewter.
    Last edited by tajoe; 05-27-2006 at 02:26 PM.

1981 g-Body

There you go!
    Either one of those would be awesome.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i don't like the gray....it muddies it up. three colors, max!

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

i don't like the gray....it muddies it up. three colors, max!
    What do you think instead of gray? something brighter? Three is max. Starting to paint tonight and that is the last color to go down.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

do a black stripe where the gray is on the hood, make the rest red/white, like in your first rendition. Maybe do a nother patch of black down the rear hatch.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

HELP ME FIX THIS!

i guess i did a shitty tape job on my hood stripes and now i have all kinda "junk" near the edges. Is there a way i can sand or pick that off with an exacto without shredding the rest of the yellow paint under it? I'd like the stripes to be nice and smooth, not all jagged. Must have happened when i wet sanded the area after applying masking tape

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by tajoe
    #3 or #4. The white areas are silver, dark gray will be pewter.
    if that is a 1/24th it is going to be hard to do 3 colors . I say stay with 2 ...IMO

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

HELP ME FIX THIS!

Click for full size

i guess i did a shitty tape job on my hood stripes and now i have all kinda "junk" near the edges. Is there a way i can sand or pick that off with an exacto without shredding the rest of the yellow paint under it? I'd like the stripes to be nice and smooth, not all jagged. Must have happened when i wet sanded the area after applying masking tape
    That's one of the bad things about tape, if you take it off too late then it rips the paint. It should still be a little wet so it comes off smoother. When that happens to me, and it just did on my vette, I touch it up with a brush to get the smooth lines. If you sand it too much you might take off both colors.

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

do a black stripe where the gray is on the hood, make the rest red/white, like in your first rendition. Maybe do a nother patch of black down the rear hatch.
    I like your idea but I went with the pewter and it looks awsome! I will post the pics as soon as I can.

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

All done! My first 3 color paint on a 1/24 scale! I hope you all like it. It took some time with all the masking but I think it turned out awsome. Can't wait to figure out my next project, maybe a radical ram air t/a. What do you all think?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

do you have a pic like the 3rd one , with the hood on...By the way you put together some great models.......sorry no thumbs up smiley..

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

Thanks snaggeltooth. Here is the pic for you.

1981 g-Body

All done! My first 3 color paint on a 1/24 scale! I hope you all like it. It took some time with all the masking but I think it turned out awsome. Can't wait to figure out my next project, maybe a radical ram air t/a. What do you all think?
    Man that looks good.
    I wouldn't even know were to begin to do a paint job like that.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    ok l have a problem here.. man, l have tried to build 2 1/24 scale model kit and l built them but l did a SHITTY job and they look horrible.. how come you guys do jobs like that?" someone give me quick lesson please.. the kits that l bought wasnt good enough so l had to use super glue to attach pieces to each other and that made my job harder and about paint, even windows had some paints and l couldnt wash it..ETC.. and l ended up buying ready to use 1:18 scale diecasts over e-bay.com.. l wanna have fun build my own scales too..

thanks..

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

I posted a few new pics of the vette at http://jmbruno3.tripod.com/c6_vette_...dex.album?i=10 Hope you like them. I will be adding more photo albums of other models I built. Since I can't post too many pics here I will post the links.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

doodad . 2. things patience, and it will take a while before you can put together kits like tajoe. Paint everything before you try and put it together . Use very little glue . And keep your hands clean.
    If you start getting frustrated walk away and come back...

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

Quote Originally Posted by doodad.
    ok l have a problem here.. man, l have tried to build 2 1/24 scale model kit and l built them but l did a SHITTY job and they look horrible.. how come you guys do jobs like that?" someone give me quick lesson please.. the kits that l bought wasnt good enough so l had to use super glue to attach pieces to each other and that made my job harder and about paint, even windows had some paints and l couldnt wash it..ETC.. and l ended up buying ready to use 1:18 scale diecasts over e-bay.com.. l wanna have fun build my own scales too..

thanks..
    Snaggletooth is right. It takes me a week or even two to put together a model. Stock models take about a week and I worked on the vette for about three weeks. The engine, suspension and interior were all done before I decided on paint. That took another week or so to decide on and two days to paint. I paint everything first and then assemble. Take your time! Set an area aside for building and keep it clean. If you are getting glue all over then use a toothpic to apply it to tight areas. I have been doing this for over 25 years and have a lot of practice. You'll get ther just be patient.

I posted a few new pics of the vette at http://jmbruno3.tripod.com/c6_vette_...dex.album?i=10 Hope you like them. I will be adding more photo albums of other models I built. Since I can't post too many pics here I will post the links.
    this is the cleanest job l have ever seen!! man you are GREAT! how did you do that custom paint job?? wanna teach me

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    doodad . 2. things patience, and it will take a while before you can put together kits like tajoe. Paint everything before you try and put it together . Use very little glue . And keep your hands clean.
    If you start getting frustrated walk away and come back...
    thanks man, today l will get from walmart and see what l can do

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information