Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 299

WS6 plastic model on ebay

This is a discussion on WS6 plastic model on ebay within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by dipherentdesign i say no to the americana one...kinda cheezy. definatly dig the red/white though! I didn't realize ...

  1. #201
    Member tajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    116

    White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

    Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i say no to the americana one...kinda cheezy. definatly dig the red/white though!
    I didn't realize the colors where "americana" but now that you mention it I would not use those colors even though the white is actually going to be silver. And after playing a little more I came up with more ideas but still lean towards #1

  2. #202
    Member tajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    116

    White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

    #3 or #4. The white areas are silver, dark gray will be pewter.
    Last edited by tajoe; 05-27-2006 at 02:26 PM.

  3. #203
    Impounded x-40oz-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,287
    1981 g-Body

    There you go!
    Either one of those would be awesome.

  4. #204
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    i don't like the gray....it muddies it up. three colors, max!

  5. #205
    Member tajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    116

    White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

    Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i don't like the gray....it muddies it up. three colors, max!
    What do you think instead of gray? something brighter? Three is max. Starting to paint tonight and that is the last color to go down.

  6. #206
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    do a black stripe where the gray is on the hood, make the rest red/white, like in your first rendition. Maybe do a nother patch of black down the rear hatch.

  7. #207
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    HELP ME FIX THIS!



    i guess i did a shitty tape job on my hood stripes and now i have all kinda "junk" near the edges. Is there a way i can sand or pick that off with an exacto without shredding the rest of the yellow paint under it? I'd like the stripes to be nice and smooth, not all jagged. Must have happened when i wet sanded the area after applying masking tape

  8. #208
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by tajoe
    #3 or #4. The white areas are silver, dark gray will be pewter.
    if that is a 1/24th it is going to be hard to do 3 colors . I say stay with 2 ...IMO

  9. #209
    Member tajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    116

    White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

    Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    HELP ME FIX THIS!

    Click for full size

    i guess i did a shitty tape job on my hood stripes and now i have all kinda "junk" near the edges. Is there a way i can sand or pick that off with an exacto without shredding the rest of the yellow paint under it? I'd like the stripes to be nice and smooth, not all jagged. Must have happened when i wet sanded the area after applying masking tape
    That's one of the bad things about tape, if you take it off too late then it rips the paint. It should still be a little wet so it comes off smoother. When that happens to me, and it just did on my vette, I touch it up with a brush to get the smooth lines. If you sand it too much you might take off both colors.

  10. #210
    Member tajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    116

    White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

    Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    do a black stripe where the gray is on the hood, make the rest red/white, like in your first rendition. Maybe do a nother patch of black down the rear hatch.
    I like your idea but I went with the pewter and it looks awsome! I will post the pics as soon as I can.

  11. #211
    Member tajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    116

    White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

    All done! My first 3 color paint on a 1/24 scale! I hope you all like it. It took some time with all the masking but I think it turned out awsome. Can't wait to figure out my next project, maybe a radical ram air t/a. What do you all think?
    Last edited by tajoe; 05-27-2006 at 02:26 PM.

  12. #212
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    do you have a pic like the 3rd one , with the hood on...By the way you put together some great models.......sorry no thumbs up smiley..

  13. #213
    Member tajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    116

    White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

    Thanks snaggeltooth. Here is the pic for you.
    Last edited by tajoe; 05-27-2006 at 02:26 PM.

  14. #214
    Impounded x-40oz-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,287
    1981 g-Body

    Quote Originally Posted by tajoe
    All done! My first 3 color paint on a 1/24 scale! I hope you all like it. It took some time with all the masking but I think it turned out awsome. Can't wait to figure out my next project, maybe a radical ram air t/a. What do you all think?
    Man that looks good.
    I wouldn't even know were to begin to do a paint job like that.

  15. #215
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoe
    All done! My first 3 color paint on a 1/24 scale! I hope you all like it. It took some time with all the masking but I think it turned out awsome. Can't wait to figure out my next project, maybe a radical ram air t/a. What do you all think?
    ok l have a problem here.. man, l have tried to build 2 1/24 scale model kit and l built them but l did a SHITTY job and they look horrible.. how come you guys do jobs like that?" someone give me quick lesson please.. the kits that l bought wasnt good enough so l had to use super glue to attach pieces to each other and that made my job harder and about paint, even windows had some paints and l couldnt wash it..ETC.. and l ended up buying ready to use 1:18 scale diecasts over e-bay.com.. l wanna have fun build my own scales too..

    thanks..

  16. #216
    Member tajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    116

    White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

    I posted a few new pics of the vette at http://jmbruno3.tripod.com/c6_vette_...dex.album?i=10 Hope you like them. I will be adding more photo albums of other models I built. Since I can't post too many pics here I will post the links.

  17. #217
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    doodad . 2. things patience, and it will take a while before you can put together kits like tajoe. Paint everything before you try and put it together . Use very little glue . And keep your hands clean.
    If you start getting frustrated walk away and come back...

  18. #218
    Member tajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    116

    White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

    Quote Originally Posted by doodad.
    ok l have a problem here.. man, l have tried to build 2 1/24 scale model kit and l built them but l did a SHITTY job and they look horrible.. how come you guys do jobs like that?" someone give me quick lesson please.. the kits that l bought wasnt good enough so l had to use super glue to attach pieces to each other and that made my job harder and about paint, even windows had some paints and l couldnt wash it..ETC.. and l ended up buying ready to use 1:18 scale diecasts over e-bay.com.. l wanna have fun build my own scales too..

    thanks..
    Snaggletooth is right. It takes me a week or even two to put together a model. Stock models take about a week and I worked on the vette for about three weeks. The engine, suspension and interior were all done before I decided on paint. That took another week or so to decide on and two days to paint. I paint everything first and then assemble. Take your time! Set an area aside for building and keep it clean. If you are getting glue all over then use a toothpic to apply it to tight areas. I have been doing this for over 25 years and have a lot of practice. You'll get ther just be patient.

  19. #219
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoe
    I posted a few new pics of the vette at http://jmbruno3.tripod.com/c6_vette_...dex.album?i=10 Hope you like them. I will be adding more photo albums of other models I built. Since I can't post too many pics here I will post the links.
    this is the cleanest job l have ever seen!! man you are GREAT! how did you do that custom paint job?? wanna teach me

  20. #220
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    doodad . 2. things patience, and it will take a while before you can put together kits like tajoe. Paint everything before you try and put it together . Use very little glue . And keep your hands clean.
    If you start getting frustrated walk away and come back...
    thanks man, today l will get from walmart and see what l can do

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. C4 Corvette Plastic Repair - Spastic Plastic
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Corvette
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 07:50 AM
  2. Scuffs on plastic
    By Kamauxx in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 08:33 PM
  3. yellow plastic
    By Chad97z in forum LT1
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 05:35 PM
  4. Firebird diecast or plastic Model
    By mdevecchio in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 06:59 AM
  5. Ebay - Monsoon Headunit - Ebay
    By Duffster in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 11:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •