Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

WS6 plastic model on ebay

This is a discussion on WS6 plastic model on ebay within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I was thinking about pics of out of production metal 1/18 scale cars.. What do you think ????...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I was thinking about pics of out of production metal 1/18 scale cars.. What do you think ????

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    Nice GTX. I've got a 67 still in the box.

I still haven't had any luck finding the 4th gen Trans Am, but i did find a 02 SS Camaro about a week ago.
    I run into rhe 4th gen every now and then on ebay and other model sites. If I see another one I will let you know.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by tajoe
    I run into rhe 4th gen every now and then on ebay and other model sites. If I see another one I will let you know.
    I'm sure i'll find one in time.
    Right now i've got half a dozen models still in their boxes that i still need to build so no hurry.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hey guys, i'm having an issue with my paint. It's not very smooth at all. It's called "bright yellow" and it's a spray can from testor paints. I did maybe 2 coats over primer and on the 3/4th coat it's become really wavey. Do i need to sand this whole thing down?

oh, also, i masked off and painted some hood/wing stripes on with a brush. Of course the brush gave me some "globing" so is there a way to smooth that out? i assume sanding again? if so what grits should i use?

1994 POS

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    hey guys, i'm having an issue with my paint. It's not very smooth at all. It's called "bright yellow" and it's a spray can from testor paints. I did maybe 2 coats over primer and on the 3/4th coat it's become really wavey. Do i need to sand this whole thing down?

oh, also, i masked off and painted some hood/wing stripes on with a brush. Of course the brush gave me some "globing" so is there a way to smooth that out? i assume sanding again? if so what grits should i use?
    wet sand it, i can post what grits later, dont remember off the top of my head but i have a set at home that I'll look at

1994 POS

haha, i said grits

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

Try painting in light coats. if you put it on too thick it won't be even. If you mask off stripes then you might as well spray instead of brush. It turns out smoother. If that was my model I would strip the paint and start over. I am getting ready to paint my C6 Vette and will post the result when it is done, hopefully by the end of the week. It's going to be something totally different especially if I can figure out a third color!!!! Silver and metalic burgandy so far.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Try painting in light coats. if you put it on too thick it won't be even. If you mask off stripes then you might as well spray instead of brush. It turns out smoother. If that was my model I would strip the paint and start over. I am getting ready to paint my C6 Vette and will post the result when it is done, hopefully by the end of the week. It's going to be something totally different especially if I can figure out a third color!!!! Silver and metalic burgandy so far.
    i refuse to strip it again...i've done it twice.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    l have bought on saturday may 13th. 1st gen trans am, 2nd gen trans am, 3rd gen trans am and 4th gen trans am.. they are all 1:18 scale.. and l alos bought 1:8 sclae 30th anneversary 1999 WS.6 white with blue stripes. and l bought 2 1968 chevy camaro and 1 1996 camaro z28. ALSO l have built one 69 camaro ss and one 2002 camaro ss. and l bought 1:18 1967 shelby GT-500 cop car. and 1969 mustang boss 1"24 scale.. and one 1:18 scale chevy chevelle SS and chevy impala drag racing car. and little 1:24 scale 2000 red v-6 firebird. and 1:24 scale 69 camaro convertible.

l will send pics as soon as l got my digital camera..

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

i refuse to strip it again...i've done it twice.
    Sanding would be the only choice then. I don't use testors to paint so I don't know how well it sands. Try 800 grit to start. I usually finish with 1500 - 2000 grit. Wet sand very lightly until you get it smooth. Good luck.

is there any 1:18 scale or bigger plastic model kit for building? if there is, where can l buy and how much they costs?

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by doodad.
    l have bought on saturday may 13th. 1st gen trans am, 2nd gen trans am, 3rd gen trans am and 4th gen trans am.. they are all 1:18 scale.. and l alos bought 1:8 sclae 30th anneversary 1999 WS.6 white with blue stripes. and l bought 2 1968 chevy camaro and 1 1996 camaro z28. ALSO l have built one 69 camaro ss and one 2002 camaro ss. and l bought 1:18 1967 shelby GT-500 cop car. and 1969 mustang boss 1"24 scale.. and one 1:18 scale chevy chevelle SS and chevy impala drag racing car. and little 1:24 scale 2000 red v-6 firebird. and 1:24 scale 69 camaro convertible.

l will send pics as soon as l got my digital camera..
    DAYUMMMMM you're gonna be one busy dude! are you gonna paint them all the same color?

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Sanding would be the only choice then. I don't use testors to paint so I don't know how well it sands. Try 800 grit to start. I usually finish with 1500 - 2000 grit. Wet sand very lightly until you get it smooth. Good luck.
    how do you wetsand? is it just water and sandpaper or is like a soapy water?

Yeah it'll beat a hemi!!! MapleredT/a's Avatar

maple red metalic
    2000 Trans Am

I got one if youd like to buy it, i have a 2005 vette that ill sell with it, (was trying to put the ls2 in it) all the paint and glue and stuff to go with it. Ill sell it for 25 dollars. Buyer pays shipping.

DAYUMMMMM you're gonna be one busy dude! are you gonna paint them all the same color?
    actually l wasnt planning to paint none of them.. because they already got custom paint or great paint on them.. l got an e-mail yestersay from the seller of 1996 camaro.. he said that he refunded my money because the camaro has been damaged and right away l got a dodge charger like dukez of hazzard

l am still waiting the UPS man..

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

how do you wetsand? is it just water and sandpaper or is like a soapy water?
    Wet sanding is just plain water, it's not as harsh on the paint as dry sanding. I usually bring the model to the sink and let just a little stream of water run. You don't have to hold the model under it just make sure it and the sand paper stay good and wet. But like I said before, I never tried it on testors so be careful.

1981 g-Body

^^^I like the first one better. Of coarse if it was mine i'd do it stock so...
    Either way you've gotta have alot of talent to do either of those paint designs.

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    ^^^I like the first one better. Of coarse if it was mine i'd do it stock so...
    Either way you've gotta have alot of talent to do either of those paint designs.
    I've got too many that are stock. I like to customize cars and add my own touch and since I can't afford to do real ones I like to get creative the more afforable ones. The problem is is that I come up with too many ideas, I just got two more for this build.

1981 g-Body

The problem is is that I come up with too many ideas, I just got two more for this build.
    Nothing wrong with that.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i say no to the americana one...kinda cheezy. definatly dig the red/white though!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information