Performance:
    Pacesetter long tube headers
    Tsp off road y pipe
    Slp lm1 cat back
    Ls6 intake
    Slp lid

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Sweet ride!!! But what is an slp lm 1 cat back????? Would that be a hi flow muffler????

Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    Sweet ride!!! But what is an slp lm 1 cat back????? Would that be a hi flow muffler????
    Thanks.

LM1 stands for loudmouth 1. Its a 3" catback exhaust that uses a resonator instead of a muffler. Its light, outflows any muffler, and its loud, really loud.

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Thanks.

LM1 stands for loudmouth 1. Its a 3" catback exhaust that uses a resonator instead of a muffler. Its light, outflows any muffler, and its loud, really loud.
    O ok so youre the guys who wake me up at 2 am with the really loud cars. Wish we could have that exhuast where i live. But they are strict here with loud cars and bikes. cops are nuts here

Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    O ok so youre the guys who wake me up at 2 am with the really loud cars. Wish we could have that exhuast where i live. But they are strict here with loud cars and bikes. cops are nuts here
    Yeah I dont drive my car at night. I have a Jeep as my DD.

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Looks real solid Mike. Nice going.
    You might want to consider a smooth bellows to go along with your SLP Lid. While you're at it remove the MAF and give it and your throttle body a good cleaning with CRC spray cleaner. It makes a difference.
    Magnaflow Quad Tip, Lid, SBellow
    UMI: FTC, FSB, RSB, LCA's, PBAR, SFC's, T-Arm w/relo, D/S Loop
    Kooks LTH, 3" YP, H/F Cats
    Custom Grind Cam, Stall, 3:73 rear
    Bilsteins w/Strano Springs Conti Super Contacts
    TuneByFrost MSD Wires
    Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors w/Ceramic

Quote Originally Posted by Redrokit8 View Post
    Looks real solid Mike. Nice going.
    You might want to consider a smooth bellows to go along with your SLP Lid. While you're at it remove the MAF and give it and your throttle body a good cleaning with CRC spray cleaner. It makes a difference.
    Thanks for the response.

I was thinking of skiping smooth bellows, ported tb, and the ud pulley. I want to spend the money on the cam because it should give a 60 hp gain, which I would notice. I really havent noticed to much of a gain with the bolt ons I have. My goal is to get into the 11's with around 400rwh.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

First - very nice car....

If you're still running with the stock 98 heads they are restrictive when compared to 241's, 243's or even 5.3 heads.

Are you going to do 243 heads with the cam swap?

That 60 hp gain will only come with other supporting mods like a FAST 102 intake and a stage 2.5 or < head job on 243's.

My point I guess is don't get wrapped up in what the manufacture claims the cam can do.

Navy Blue Metallic

One more thing. If you want to get into the 11's you're going to need to start doing suspension and start saving for a new rear.

Suspension - at minimum I recommend SFC's, LCA, and a T/A. Those 3 will help put the power to the pavement.

New Rear - even under stock these rears can break, M6's especially. Start throwing more power at it and it's not if but when.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    First - very nice car....

If you're still running with the stock 98 heads they are restrictive when compared to 241's, 243's or even 5.3 heads.

Are you going to do 243 heads with the cam swap?

That 60 hp gain will only come with other supporting mods like a FAST 102 intake and a stage 2.5 or < head job on 243's.

My point I guess is don't get wrapped up in what the manufacture claims the cam can do.
    I am going to keep the stock heads and decide after if I want more power. Id like to keep the budget build going and keep it to a bolt on / cammed ls1. I wont be buying a fast intake though. Too much $ for me. Just looking to gain some top end without losing down low. Thats why I like the 228R.

Navy Blue Metallic

I understand about doing a budget builds, doing the same here. You can get used 243's, 241's and 5.3 heads and not break the bank. My 1st post was meant to let you know not to expect the 60 hp gains with just a cam swap.

I suggest these heads because you're going to need a tune for the cam, so why not wait a little longer to get some heads and do it all at the same time saving you money for not having to do a second tune later down the road.

I also recommend doing a LS6 oil pump and LS2 timing chain while you're doing the cam. Reasons why - 97-00' oil pumps have had issues, 01-02's have the LS6 oil pumps already. Timing chain - it's just good common sense to do this because of the new cam and plus the stock one is about due to change anyways. LS2 chain is beefier and will clear your timing cover without tweaking it or needing a new one.

I understand about doing a budget builds, doing the same here. You can get used 243's, 241's and 5.3 heads and not break the bank. My 1st post was meant to let you know not to expect the 60 hp gains with just a cam swap.

I suggest these heads because you're going to need a tune for the cam, so why not wait a little longer to get some heads and do it all at the same time saving you money for not having to do a second tune later down the road.

I also recommend doing a LS6 oil pump and LS2 timing chain while you're doing the cam. Reasons why - 97-00' oil pumps have had issues, 01-02's have the LS6 oil pumps already. Timing chain - it's just good common sense to do this because of the new cam and plus the stock one is about due to change anyways. LS2 chain is beefier and will clear your timing cover without tweaking it or needing a new one.
    I read on here that an ls1 head is an ls1 head and swaping out 806's for 853's or 241's are not going to do much. However I have no experience myself. If anything I would go with ported ls6 heads I think. I also plan on getting all the supporting mods you mentioned. I am not sure if most shops around my area will install used parts though..

Navy Blue Metallic

806/853's are when compared to 5.3 heads or 243 heads one of the most restrictive heads. For LS1's 243's are the best. I know a guy that has 241's and a cam and he's at about 390hp to the wheels through a 9" Moser with 3.83 gears on MT DR's. It's pretty damn fast.

He has plans for a set of 243's.

Maybe ill wait and save up then.

New

Navy Blue Metallic

Is your color NBM or Black?

In some pics it looks black then in others like above it looks NBM.

The one in post 14 is Car of the Month worthy....

Is your color NBM or Black?

In some pics it looks black then in others like above it looks NBM.

The one in post 14 is Car of the Month worthy....
    Yes it is black. I think its because I took some of the pics in sun and some during cloudy weather.

2002 Trans Am WS6 - Red
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ

Nice car. Have funny and sounds like the mod bug has already gotten to you.

Thread Information